YZ rear fender questions (from a newbie..)

5 replies to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted December 27, 2000 - 08:43 AM

I'm new to the WR scene and want to make a few cosmetic changes....

I am looking into getting a YZ rear fender for my WR. I am wondering if there is any 'custom' work that needs to be done to get it to fit or if it will just bolt right up. I have read some previous threads about putting one on the bike, but they did not state if you had to cut or file the new fender.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rod

• jj

Posted December 27, 2000 - 08:47 AM

I've got an Acerbis YZ rear fender that needed a little bit of triming to fit about the head pipe. A Dremel tool made it quick work.

------------------
JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

• Darren_Santilli

Posted December 27, 2000 - 11:11 AM

I have a UFO rear fender on mine, and it fits well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 28, 2000 - 05:12 AM

You will also have to use the dremel, or side cutters to cut some material out around the radiator overflow bottle.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 28, 2000 - 05:12 AM

You will also have to use the dremel, or side cutters to cut some material out around the radiator overflow bottle.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 28, 2000 - 07:14 AM

RWHITLOCK, I too have the YZ rear fender on my WR, it fits with no problem. I bought the One Industries fender and it actually tells you where to cut it right on the fender. Its almost foolproof. I too used a Dremel tool, they work great!! Good Luck, Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.