Question for the tall riders

10 replies to this topic
  • 1stepcloser

Posted September 13, 2005 - 08:40 AM

Not to exclude anybody but, I'm a little more than 6' 6", I know some of you guys are pretty tall as well.

Does any manufacturer make a line of riding gear for taller people? I have Fox and Acerbis, the Acerbis is a little better, but still not a really good fit.

• Supplicate

Posted September 13, 2005 - 08:54 AM

I'm around the same height as you as well, I wear Moose stuff mostly, but their jerseys are just too short in the arms, the pants are good though.

If you find some jerseys that have nice long arms, be sure to let us other tall guys know :banghead:

• the_tree

Posted September 13, 2005 - 08:56 AM

I'm 6'7" and think "little better" is about as good as it gets for us. I've used Thor and AXO in the past, but haven't tried anything in the last couple of years. My baby bro is 6'11" and he has stuff altered to fit better - Moose pants don't work because of the pre-bent legs - our knees are not where the pants were designed to be for lessor men....

• Supplicate

Posted September 13, 2005 - 09:15 AM

My baby bro is 6'11" and he has stuff altered to fit better

altered by any sewing shop or by family member?

• 1stepcloser

Posted September 13, 2005 - 09:33 AM

I'm around the same height as you as well, I wear Moose stuff mostly, but their jerseys are just too short in the arms, the pants are good though.

If you find some jerseys that have nice long arms, be sure to let us other tall guys know :banghead:

I have found the Acerbis to be really nice as far as jerseys go. Their enduro jacket fits really well too.

Pants are a problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1stepcloser

Posted September 13, 2005 - 09:35 AM

Moose pants don't work because of the pre-bent legs - our knees are not where the pants were designed to be for lessor men....

Thats sthe problem I have. The bend in the pants is about 3 or 4 inches above the bend in my Knee.

Sucks. :banghead:

• Supplicate

Posted September 13, 2005 - 11:16 AM

Thats sthe problem I have. The bend in the pants is about 3 or 4 inches above the bend in my Knee.

Sucks. :banghead:

Quess I'm just fat enough that the pants ride low enough on my body that they work for me. :applause:

I'll have to check out the Acerbis jerseys since I'm in the market for new gear before race season starts up.

• nate992v

Posted September 13, 2005 - 11:43 AM

I'm 6'4" and the Oneal jersey fits fine. It's long enough to tuck in if I want, but I can leave it out and have it comfortable, too. Fox pants fit perfect, but I just go with a slightly bigger waist. I think that it makes the inseam longer.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 13, 2005 - 05:40 PM

i wear 34x34 jeans and a large shirt of some sort

• xr500_89

Posted September 13, 2005 - 06:26 PM

im about 6'1" but my arms are way too long for my body (equivalent to about 6'5"-6'6" body height) and my answer jersey fits really nice in the arms.

• the_tree

Posted September 14, 2005 - 10:34 AM

"altered by any sewing shop or by family member?"

Supplicate, think his sister-in-law does it. He lives in Dallas. In the 70's I used to have Lancer make my pants, but don't think anyone does that now.

The lancers were good in that they were in the business of motorcycle apparel and knew how to make them where they worked.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.