XR650R: Trailtech mounted with headlight?

6 replies to this topic
  • Zapp22

Posted September 13, 2005 - 08:38 AM

folks
sorry to pepper with so many XR650R dualsport questions but I gotta get this project on the road....

I plan on adding the Trailtech "Endurance" speedo/odo to the pile, but wonder how it mounts, and will it interfere with headlight? Of course [other thread] I plan on changing the headlight to something more stable/useful but do not know which/what that part is as yet.
ANY advice you guys can give would be so great.

one more: I have procrastinated beefing up cooling. Which radiator cap should I get, and is it safe to use "Engine Ice" or what should I do about coolant/fluid?

Gracias!!!!

Z

• ponq

Posted September 13, 2005 - 09:20 AM

The trailtech is pretty versatile(sp), you can find a spot to mount it easily.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted September 13, 2005 - 10:38 AM

My Trailtech mounted in the same location as the factory odometer. I don't have a dual-sport setup but I don't believe it would interfere with anything. I would like to have my Trailtech permantly backlit for night riding so I could see it for longer then a few seconds at a time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted September 13, 2005 - 10:49 AM

...I would like to have my Trailtech permantly backlit for night riding so I could see it for longer then a few seconds at a time.

Yeah, me too. I wish it had an external plug so backlighting could at least be active when the engine is running.

• don87xr600

Posted September 13, 2005 - 02:27 PM

The new lynx from trailtech has constant backlighting, I'd wait for that model.

http://www.trailtech.net/lynx.htm

• Zapp22

Posted September 13, 2005 - 05:44 PM

great tip on the Lynx..... i am somewhat patient

• bigboredbiker

Posted September 14, 2005 - 03:25 AM

Any ideas when the new trailtech is available....I'm waiting for it too!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.