KTM LC4 vs XR650L

22 replies to this topic
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted October 04, 2005 - 05:55 PM

the KTM will outperform the Honda in most every way .... except reliability, durability, and parts availibility when you're stranded somewhere ... nobody matches the Honda in those categories .. :banghead:

a men to that brother.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Six13

Posted March 23, 2006 - 01:54 PM

One more area: KTMs are ugly.

• dukeryder

Posted March 23, 2006 - 02:09 PM

Out of town on business and noted at a intersection today a KTM LC4 - pretty trick looking bike! I am thinkin' my XR650L is no match for it correct?

NO COMPARISON! I've ridden both, the LC4 has WAY more power. Vibrates like a mofo though.

Reliability of the LC4 motor is no greater or less than the Honda, oil changes are a little more complex, valve adjustments are a bit more frequent, but the bike isn't any more or less reliable than a Honda. Dealers are fewer and farther in between than Honda though.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.