oil colour??

2 replies to this topic
  • Sandracer_uk

Posted March 21, 2001 - 03:45 AM

hi wonder if anyone can help out wit this,,,
the frame stores oil ,,i know that,, but does oil re circulate back from the engine into the frame?.
the reason i ask is because when i drain the frame oil its red [ castrol ] but the stuff from the engine is a worn grey colour

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brad

Posted March 21, 2001 - 10:18 PM

You should ask Clark about this. Quite a while back, I remember he talked about one of the frame oil lines on his bike was plugged with weld (from the factory). I'm not sure which line it was or how it affected his bike, but it may cause something like what your experiencing (oil not making it from the frame to the motor).

• Sandracer_uk

Posted March 21, 2001 - 11:37 PM

no im sure its making it from the frame to the engine,,,
just not sure if its making it back from the engine to the frame,,, or even if its sposed to,,, anyone help?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.