Has ANYONE successfully fitted the E starter from the 650L to the 600R?

2 replies to this topic
  • rmhrc630

Posted September 12, 2005 - 12:27 PM

Anyone done it?

I have a HRC 628XR (XR600) and don't want to destroy the good horsepower by removing unnecssary items to accommodate the 650L eletric start system.

Has anyone done it successfully?

Can I keep my gearbox and just bolt on all the left hand side stuff?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted September 12, 2005 - 01:48 PM

Hmmm, I think the crank is the same as far as the alternator end goes, and the extra stuff bolts on with a crank-end adapter.

I think the starter bolts to the cases, you'd be missing those bosses, but you might be able to get around that.

I think some careful microfiche research out at partsbandit will get you about 90% of the way to the answer.

Dave

• redbikejohn

Posted September 12, 2005 - 04:46 PM

I know there are kits available for these mods in the UK but they are very expensive £1500! Anyway I'm sure they are from the USA so they are bound to be a lot cheaper over there.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.