05 wr450's new

20 replies to this topic
  • Dustin_Mabro

Posted September 12, 2005 - 11:49 AM

I walked into a showroom and asked how good of a deal I could get for an 05 wr450 with 3k cash and they guy said 6-6.5k which is a helluva gap and seems to be very steep.

Michigan/Indiana/Ohio area. how much would you guys spend for a new 05 or would you expect to pay

thanks,
kyle

• anvilair

Posted September 12, 2005 - 11:59 AM

Bought my '05 about 2 weeks ago. $5850.00 :banghead:

• anvilair

Posted September 12, 2005 - 12:03 PM

I do not know if it made a difference but I paid cash in full.

• 450 Hurricane

Posted September 12, 2005 - 12:04 PM

Bought mine in June for $5750 cash and 20% off any accessories I wanted.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted September 12, 2005 - 12:04 PM

the more the cash the better the deal on almost anything

my idea is i'll gather up 3k cash and either buy a used older model for less and then have money to get new gear and some mods or get a new and put mods and gear on my yamaha card that i'll need to pay the rest off.

there is a certain comfort in not having to make another monthly payment though-that would be a very big upside to buying an older model

thanks guys

• Blaster21996

Posted September 12, 2005 - 12:46 PM

Bought mine in June for $5750 cash and 20% off any accessories I wanted.

Hurricane, do you have a link to the dealer you got your bike at? I am thinking of trading my 05 for the 06. Now that I Finlay have it jetted perfect :banghead:
Gary

• chipwich

Posted September 12, 2005 - 01:39 PM

Procycle in Columbia, MO has 05 WR450's for $5499, and 06's for $5999. No sales tax. You have to go pick it up, but worth the trip for some folks. I have no regrets buying my '04 there last year.

http://www.procycleu...id=3&baseid=874

• RADRick

Posted September 12, 2005 - 04:13 PM

the more the cash the better the deal on almost anything

Not any more. With finance incentives and computerized bookeeping, cash deals for motor vehicles don't have the attraction they once did. A dealer makes more on a package deal with financing than a full cash sale.

my idea is i'll gather up 3k cash and either buy a used older model for less and then have money to get new gear and some mods or get a new and put mods and gear on my yamaha card that i'll need to pay the rest off.

Bad idea. With finance incentives on new bikes being as low as 6.9%, you'd be better off financing more of the bike and paying cash for the gear and accessories. The interest rate on your Yamaha card is likely to be close to credit card interest. Even with good credit, your Yamaha card is likely to be near 13-17% API.

there is a certain comfort in not having to make another monthly payment though-that would be a very big upside to buying an older model

I'm not sure it's still available, but there was a deal through Yamaha with 0 or low % interest for 2 years with a minimum $39 monthly payment. If you're good at saving money, I'd go for that deal and pay it off at the end of the 2 year period.

• 450 Hurricane

Posted September 12, 2005 - 04:55 PM

They don't have a website but here is the contact info:

RIVER FRONT YAMAHA
436 STATE ROUTE 7 N
GALLIPOLIS, OH 45631-5917
Ph: 740-446-2240
Fax: 740-446-0658

• GlocksRock

Posted September 12, 2005 - 06:00 PM

Hey Dustin, I'm also in Michigan and purchased my '04 WR450 from Honda East in Maumee, OH, just south of Toledo. They have the best prices in our area, trust me. Mine was something like $5600 back in June of '04. They don't pull the normal stealership crap with adding on assembly and setup fees. Plus you don't have to pay taxes unless you really want to register it in MI. It is pretty much a no haggle place. You can find out what price you would pay by going to cycletrader.com and searching for wr450 in Ohio and there will be ads from Honda East showing exactly the price you would pay. At least this is how the dealership operated when I last dealt with them, hopefully things haven't changed. Their website is www.hondaeasttoledo.com.

Oh yeah, don't expect a dealership to knock down prices just cause you have cash. They could care less if you finance competely or pay entirely in cash, it is all the same to them.

Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dustin_Mabro

Posted September 13, 2005 - 04:31 AM

Thanks Guys

Kyle

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted October 12, 2005 - 04:01 PM

*****UPDATE*****

my ache for a bike has become worse and i've finally persuaded my wife to agree with me that we can afford a new one under the yamaha card financing.

I called the East Toledo Dealer that was refered to me and they had no '05's but offered me an '06 otd for 6,069 with 20% off assecories and parts. So i took this info to my local dealer who said they would match it...i am not going to take it to a bigger better dealer than the small one near my work and see if they can maybe beat it or atleast match it...the bigger dealer has way better ratings with my family and friends so they're my first pick.

I hope i'm not getting taken with this deal...again it's an '06 WR 450 for a little over 6k, i'll have to pay sales tax if i don't get it from toledo. I may try one more place near Chicago for a quote to work with but i think i just may be getting a bike for an early x-mas gift...from myself.

then i can start bugging you guys about mods and such. YIPPEEEE :banghead:

• anvilair

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:28 AM

*****UPDATE*****

my ache for a bike has become worse and i've finally persuaded my wife to agree with me that we can afford a new one under the yamaha card financing.

I called the East Toledo Dealer that was refered to me and they had no '05's but offered me an '06 otd for 6,069 with 20% off assecories and parts. So i took this info to my local dealer who said they would match it...i am not going to take it to a bigger better dealer than the small one near my work and see if they can maybe beat it or atleast match it...the bigger dealer has way better ratings with my family and friends so they're my first pick.

I hope i'm not getting taken with this deal...again it's an '06 WR 450 for a little over 6k, i'll have to pay sales tax if i don't get it from toledo. I may try one more place near Chicago for a quote to work with but i think i just may be getting a bike for an early x-mas gift...from myself.

then i can start bugging you guys about mods and such. YIPPEEEE :banghead:

Good luck my man!
I think that is a great price on an '06. :banghead:
You will love it!

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:42 AM

damnit!!

now my wife thinks i should hold off to save money for a house...damnit...

maybe i should tell her to get a job and she can buy the house and i'll buy the bike

• anvilair

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:50 AM

damnit!!

now my wife thinks i should hold off to save money for a house...damnit...

maybe i should tell her to get a job and she can buy the house and i'll buy the bike

That is between you and the BOSS! :lol: :banghead:
Whats the monthly payment on the bike going to be?
Can't be much......
If you have a new car, tell her you will sell it if you can get the bike!!! :banghead:

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:53 AM

she just got a new car but i'm not paying for it so i can't use that...the payments would be on the yami card so it's a min payment of like $40 and i would wanna do like $75 to get it out faster...but if it got tight i would simply make the minimal. I'm also making a truck payment though so she may have a point.....i am getting a raise soon though and it is a great deal.... :banghead:

i told my cousin that if i bought the bike i probably wouldn't be riding anything else but the bike...but now that i think about it...if i get the bike my riding of anything will increase 100% if you catch my drift...maybe i should just do it...what the hell eh?

• anvilair

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:07 AM

life is to short. Go for it!!!!!
If you do not have any kids that is.......
Kids come first,
Bike second, :banghead:
Wife third...... :banghead:

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:09 AM

we have a son but he wouldn't lose out on anything. he's got cloths and a new puppy so he good. It's just a matter of her wanting to get out of our rental house and into OUR house....which if i'm on a bike i won't care where we live cause i'll be outside :banghead:

• anvilair

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:22 AM

As Ben Stiller said in Starsky and Hutch.

DO IT! DO IT! JUST DO IT! :banghead:

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:23 AM

well as long as you as you approve:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.