426 exhaust timing

2 replies to this topic
  • dirtr1der

Posted September 12, 2005 - 08:55 AM

I rode with a friend this weekend who had a Canadian 426. He didn't need to do any of the free mods, but he did change his exhaust timing to the YZF setting. I think he said he turned the exhaust cam back one tooth?

My 02 has all the free mods already and it runs great, My question is, will changing the timing on the exhaust cam make any noticeable difference in performance? If so, how hard is this mod to do???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted September 12, 2005 - 10:19 AM

I rode with a friend this weekend who had a Canadian 426. He didn't need to do any of the free mods, but he did change his exhaust timing to the YZF setting. I think he said he turned the exhaust cam back one tooth?

My 02 has all the free mods already and it runs great, My question is, will changing the timing on the exhaust cam make any noticeable difference in performance? If so, how hard is this mod to do???

Here is a thread on this subject from a couple weeks ago I think you will find helpful
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=287643

• dirtr1der

Posted September 12, 2005 - 10:46 AM

Gracias! :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.