Questions On A O3 Wr450

4 replies to this topic
  • markbec1

Posted September 12, 2005 - 07:56 AM

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A O3 wr450 it is street legal, White bros pipe, stabilizer, I am wondering what to look for and what it is worth, it is the Canadian model, it is supose it be in real nice condition mostly street ridden.
Thanks, Mark

• byggd

Posted September 12, 2005 - 08:08 AM

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A O3 wr450 it is street legal, White bros pipe, stabilizer, I am wondering what to look for and what it is worth, it is the Canadian model, it is supose it be in real nice condition mostly street ridden.
Thanks, Mark

Do a search and you will see what issues the 03 had (woodruff key, started etc) You might want to ask the seller if the started mod has been done. I assume these issues apply to the Canadian models as well :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 12, 2005 - 09:45 AM

http://www.wr450.com...inals/index.htm

• bg10459

Posted September 12, 2005 - 10:02 AM

There is a laundry list of things that can or have gone wrong with the 03, none of which have happened to me. I did, however, do the starter upgrade. Other than that, it's been free mods, jetting and protection for my bike. Including the starter upgrade, I'm up to about $1000 in extras on top of the $3500 I paid for it. It was in great condition when I bought it (not so good looking now, but performs better :banghead: )

• RADRick

Posted September 12, 2005 - 04:22 PM

Thanks, Mark

I'd be wary of any used street legal dirt bike. Street riding is potentially more harmful to the bike than dirt riding and a bike like that needs to have been properly serviced to be a safe buy. Consider that dirt bikes aren't really made to be held at speed for long periods of time, as in street riding. This is even harder on the engine than off-road riding. 1000 miles of dirt riding is not the same as a 1000 miles of street riding. If you really want that bike, spend a few dollars and have a mechanic do a complete check of it first, including compression and leakdown tests and a check of the transmission.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.