Riding an 06 WR

11 replies to this topic
  • new04450

Posted September 12, 2005 - 04:22 AM

My riding partner just got an 06 WR, and just took the AIS system off. He spent the money, and put the whole GYT-R AIS removal kit on, and I was blown away with how great the bike was- I love my 04, but the 06 seemed smaller, and was so much easier in the trails. sitting next to my bike- you could really start seeing the changes, the triple clamps w/ adjustable bars, the way smaller tank, seat, and it seemed as if the suspension was changed. The 06 WR has that real sweet trail computer, that is easy to read and use. Now if they will just put the YZ aluminum frame on the next year, I might have a great reason to trade.

• sandman76513

Posted September 12, 2005 - 09:38 AM

I like it too :applause: ....just wish the spring on the kickstand had a bit more tension...there is that annoying slap as it returns to the upright position after catching a little air. :banghead:

• sandman76513

Posted September 12, 2005 - 09:44 AM

BTW, when are we heading back out to CTOR? I don't need much arm twistin' just give me a holler when your ready. I really like how the bike opened up after doing the free mods, removing the AIS and installing the new needle and jet. :banghead:

• new04450

Posted September 12, 2005 - 02:12 PM

Hey sandman- do you see that about the kickstand- we were just talking about that on your 06 (Sandman is the riding partner) - My 04 does not slap- I bet it is because the speed the 04 goes, the kickstand does not have enough time to slap- :lol: Yeah rick I will slap you here too- JUST LIKE YOUR KICK STAND :lol:

OR...... Yamaha knew your height, and the wanted it for you to be able to put the stand down quickly :applause: :banghead:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 12, 2005 - 02:28 PM

Congrats Sandman!!! I'm Jealous... :banghead:

• sandman76513

Posted September 12, 2005 - 03:49 PM

OR...... Yamaha knew your height, and the wanted it for you to be able to put the stand down quickly :lol: :applause:

You know Keith, I'm glad it is narrower and shorter, for my sake...and I hope the suspension settles down a bit more once broken in. My brush guards should be in tomorrow, as well as my exhaust. So?! You ready for a race now? Time for the '06 to put that ol' 04 in it's place :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dman450f

Posted September 12, 2005 - 04:08 PM

Hey sandman- do you see that about the kickstand- we were just talking about that on your 06 (Sandman is the riding partner) - My 04 does not slap- I bet it is because the speed the 04 goes, the kickstand does not have enough time to slap- :busted: Yeah rick I will slap you here too- JUST LIKE YOUR KICK STAND :lol:

OR...... Yamaha knew your height, and the wanted it for you to be able to put the stand down quickly :applause: :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :busted: :busted: :busted: :busted:

• new04450

Posted September 12, 2005 - 07:15 PM

well which exauste you getting? and you know I am ready to ride- Just remember- you riding against me is like bringing a stick to a gun fight- the odds are against you

• sandman76513

Posted September 13, 2005 - 02:45 AM

well which exauste you getting? and you know I am ready to ride- Just remember- you riding against me is like bringing a stick to a gun fight- the odds are against you

Your right, more like a 4x4 versus a water gun!! :banghead:

I'm getting the GYTR, both ends, header and muffler.

• new04450

Posted September 13, 2005 - 06:08 PM

I will be at the store tomorrow to take of this in person- you are so in trouble- remember the customer is ALWAYS right!!!!!!

• sandman76513

Posted September 13, 2005 - 06:17 PM

Keith,
I installed the GYTR header and exhaust tonight, that thing sounds awesome. Wooohooo! It has such a sweet growl to it now. Couldn't get much testing in seat-of-the-pants wise, want to be nice and considerate of the neighbors you know...they have had to put up with me when I run the CR and in the past the KDX up and down the street during the day, tearing through the streets at night with a screamin' thumper is another thing all-together.

• new04450

Posted September 13, 2005 - 06:48 PM

Message me the cost of this - ASAP- Just the can- and the can and header

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.