exhaust?

11 replies to this topic
  • xr-jorger

Posted September 11, 2005 - 08:46 PM

whats a good not too loud exhaust set for my 600?? (I get up at 6am and leave by 7 ,hate to wake up whole neighborhood) I have e-series exhaust on my quad and its a loud mother!!!!!

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 11, 2005 - 09:56 PM

FMF q series?

• roadcam

Posted September 12, 2005 - 08:23 AM

Supertrapp IDS2 .... cheap compared to most others, nice power boost, not much louder than stock, tunable, nice low tone, sounds good, a lot lighter than stock, and looks good ... very well-built too ... find them either here at ThumperTalk Store, or rockymountainmc.com :banghead:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 12, 2005 - 09:21 AM

yoshimura

• roadcam

Posted September 12, 2005 - 10:17 AM

Yoshimura is ridiculously expensive, and doesnt do as well as the White Bros, etc in the tests .. just my .02

• Dual_Dog

Posted September 12, 2005 - 03:26 PM

Another vote for the Trapp IDS2 QS (quiet series). These (slip-on) pipes are an excellent match for the "older" air-cooled RFVC motors. The internal disc system (IDS) is a clean set up & the 2's end cap gives it nice look without the burnt plastics. :banghead:

My DS $0.02

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redbikejohn

Posted September 12, 2005 - 04:42 PM

I 've always been a bit sceptical about supertrap exhausts- they are not really widely available in the uk. How do they make more power than stock if the gasses have to past through all of those plates to get out?

• Dual_Dog

Posted September 12, 2005 - 05:05 PM

I 've always been a bit sceptical about supertrap exhausts- they are not really widely available in the uk. How do they make more power than stock if the gasses have to past through all of those plates to get out?

Most all slip-ons provide better exhaust flow over stock. This explains it for Supertrapp.
Trapp Tech

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 12, 2005 - 05:48 PM

i think yoshimura looks best.....and its prolly the loudest.....so it fits me perfect!

• redbikejohn

Posted September 13, 2005 - 02:55 AM

"Most all slip-ons provide better exhaust flow over stock. This explains it for Supertrapp. Trapp Tech"

mm I was hoping for a more technical answer really!

• Dual_Dog

Posted September 13, 2005 - 07:08 AM

"Most all slip-ons provide better exhaust flow over stock. This explains it for Supertrapp. Trapp Tech"

mm I was hoping for a more technical answer really!

I guess you're not familiar with the Hyperlink feature here. :banghead: Click on "Trapp Tech" in the previous post. That's as technical as it gets straight from their web site... :applause:

Other than reading that, it reduces the amount of restriction in the exhaust chamber, and it increases the surface area of the exhaust outlet to let a larger volume of exhaust gas escape at a greater rate over the stock system.

• roadcam

Posted September 13, 2005 - 07:39 AM

I guess you're not familiar with the Hyperlink feature here. :applause: Click on "Trapp Tech" in the previous post. That's as technical as it gets straight from their web site... :lol:

Other than reading that, it reduces the amount of restriction in the exhaust chamber, and it increases the surface area of the exhaust outlet to let a larger volume of exhaust gas escape at a greater rate over the stock system.

yeah ... what he said ! ...
:banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.