Yzf Keeps Fouling Plugs

29 replies to this topic
  • SureBlue

Posted September 14, 2005 - 02:33 AM

Well, certified mechanic, I'm taking your statement precisely as you wrote it, also the "bonkhead". Just re-read your posts and you would answer to them the same way if they were sent to you. What you order is what you get. :banghead:

• creek freak

Posted September 14, 2005 - 10:16 AM

Well, certified mechanic, I'm taking your statement precisely as you wrote it, also the "bonkhead". Just re-read your posts and you would answer to them the same way if they were sent to you. What you order is what you get. :banghead:

Oh come on buddy! I thought this was a lighthearted conversation. The "bonkhead" was a joke. You're taking this way to personal. If you want to argue with me, you'll lose. I'm not here to argue with you, I respect your opinion. And yes, I am a certified Automotive technition and work with a major automotive manufacturer, I have various small engine courses, have taught Briggs and Stratton courses, have factory training for the same, have worked in the small engine trade for 5 years, and the automotive industry for 10 years. I could have mentioned this in a previous post, but it sounds a little arrogant. But, you're the one who brought it up. If you wish to continue this stupid conversation you're going to ruin this thread. P.M. me if you wish to continue, and make yourself look very foolish. And yes, I could have worded my previous posts much better I admit. I said that in my last post.

• SureBlue

Posted September 14, 2005 - 10:43 AM

I really prefer an intelligent conversation instead of worthless arguing and I respect your opinion too. What I said in my post about warming up was correct and I took your comments somewhat offensive, guess I understood you wrong.

• creek freak

Posted September 14, 2005 - 10:55 AM

Yes, you were correct on the warming up, and yes sometimes my statements come on too strong. I'll work on that.

• SureBlue

Posted September 14, 2005 - 10:59 AM

And I'll work on my finnish hot temper :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djbiker

Posted September 14, 2005 - 11:14 AM

man i've fouled about 10 iridiums seince i bought me bike

• jamieyz426f01

Posted September 14, 2005 - 11:17 AM

OUCH :banghead: $$$$$$$$$$

• creek freak

Posted September 14, 2005 - 11:22 AM

Do you let the bike sit long between rides? Seems like fuel is the issue with mine. Seems to last about 3 weeks max. I put in fresh fuel and a fresh plug and it runs like a top. Hmmm... Maybe I should just ride the bloody thing a little more :banghead:

• djbiker

Posted September 15, 2005 - 02:45 AM

man i let it set about 2weeks. cleaned out tank, refilled it changed the plug and its been running like shit ever since

• creek freak

Posted September 15, 2005 - 08:00 AM

I once had a bad ground at the coil mounting bolt by my right knee area. Caused it to run really erratic. Cleaned up the ground and it ran good. It's not coated with anything and rusts up pretty good. Just a suggestion though.
Maybe try another plug.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.