New XR650R in Louisiana

7 replies to this topic
  • BlueBayou

Posted September 11, 2005 - 12:03 PM

First off, new to this forum so please excuse if this question isn't in the right spot or has been answered(used the search feature, didnt find it)

Does anybody have any experience plating a 650r in louisiana? I wouldn't think it would be hard, consdering Louisiana is likely the shadiest state in the union.

If you are not from louisiana, do you mind posting a link to a good post or write up that helped you plate your 650r?

• Thumpmeister

Posted September 11, 2005 - 01:37 PM

I'm from washington, one of the hardest states to plate a bike. In another thread posted by ImpalaR1, I told him you have to ask for a Dual Use Licence, and that should allow you to get a plate. At least thats how it works here in washington.

• irondude

Posted September 11, 2005 - 02:50 PM

theres endless discussion on the at the dual sport section...

try another search for lots of info.

theres no way one string could really cover all this. not trying to derail your post--just sugesting theres lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of info on this here at TT.

its been covered at least 25 times...

• BlueBayou

Posted September 11, 2005 - 08:00 PM

I tried a few searches, nothing for louisiana in particular came up, thats why I asked.
But yes, thanks for the tips, and im sure i can piece together enough info to make a good stab at it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4Takt

Posted September 12, 2005 - 05:23 AM

Blue Bayou, I'm in Baton Rouge and I plated my XR650R this year. I can tell you all you need to know. E-mail me at hogy1 at bellsouth dot net and I'll give you my phone number.

Where in La. are you?

4Takt

• BlueBayou

Posted September 12, 2005 - 11:35 AM

Great news! I'm also from Baton Rouge.

e-mail sent.

• dukeryder

Posted January 25, 2007 - 04:44 PM

Did ya ever get it plated?

Post up what ya did!

• pgiinc

Posted January 25, 2007 - 05:12 PM

First off, new to this forum so please excuse if this question isn't in the right spot or has been answered(used the search feature, didnt find it)

Does anybody have any experience plating a 650r in louisiana? I wouldn't think it would be hard, consdering Louisiana is likely the shadiest state in the union.

If you are not from louisiana, do you mind posting a link to a good post or write up that helped you plate your 650r?

Simple here in Va
add Dual sport kit
add mirrror
add dot tires
take bike to get inspected on trailer if needed
maybe call (or just make belive)insurance co to get insurance so you can tell dmv it is insured
take inpsection slip and MSO or Title to DMV and get title and tags
I have done it to two bikes check out my garage

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.