XR's Only case saver fitment problems

2 replies to this topic
  • Naru

Posted September 10, 2005 - 01:34 PM

I just installed the XR's only case saver, but ran into a problem. It came with no directions, so I figured out that the engine hanger bolt needed to be turned backwards. But should the stock washer for the old nut that held on the frame hanger bolt be used with the extended nut on the XR's only unit (the nut that you attach the case saver to)? I tried to tighten the setup with the washer installed, but the case saver did not sit flat against the stock mounting holes and stuck out ~1/4" too far, causing it to bend inward when the stock mounting bolts were tightened down. Without the washer, everything fit's much better, but I'd think the washer was meant to be used. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, here's a picture of the Case saver installed (with no washer on the bolt), but with a Topar racing sprocket guard. In the end I dont think the guard was worth the $30 as it weighs more than stock and just adds to the bling factor, but at the time I ordered it I thought the case saver was machined into the guard, negating the need to by the XR's only unit. Oh well.

Click here for picture

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desertskyy

Posted September 10, 2005 - 04:18 PM

I had the same problem when installing mine. I think and it appears from looking at my bike that I used the stock washer and an extra washer to get the right alignment. I remember playing with it for a little while until I was happy with the fit then I took it apart and secured everything with lock tight.

Good luck

• cholwerk

Posted September 10, 2005 - 06:32 PM

XrsOnly is not the best place to send your hard earned greenbacks. Buyer beware.

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.