WR450 2005 dipstick problem

8 replies to this topic
  • Vader3d

Posted September 10, 2005 - 10:27 AM

I have a serious problem with my 05 wr450 oil dip stick.. every time I open it to check the oil level the oil spurts out..

Even if I follow the manual to run motor for 3 minutes from cold it still does the same thing.. am I going something wrong...

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 10, 2005 - 10:45 AM

:banghead: Turn the engine off and then check the oil!

• Vader3d

Posted September 10, 2005 - 10:59 AM

I do turn the engine off.... the oil presure is just to much..

• trailriderjoe

Posted September 10, 2005 - 11:16 AM

I have the same problem every once in a while. I can run the bike as long or as short as I want to. If I shut it off and check it to quickly (within a minute or so), it will run out of the hole. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted September 10, 2005 - 11:36 AM

This happens when you have filled more oil than specified in the manual. Once I filled 100ml more and the same thing happend to me. When you drain the oil do you drain from the frame and engine also?

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted September 10, 2005 - 11:38 AM

Overfilled the oil. What it calls for is from "dry", and you will never have it dry again, once filled. So always add less that it calls for. I find 1 qt plus maybe 2/10th of another, ie 1.2 qts.

• Vader3d

Posted September 10, 2005 - 12:47 PM

Bike was service by Yamaha agent... was its first service so refered it to the profesionals...

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 10, 2005 - 12:50 PM

Check your filter screen on the drain from the frame to make sure it is not partially clogged! :banghead:

• jasilva

Posted September 10, 2005 - 08:59 PM

Also check the crankcase vent hose from the head to the airbox. You may be clogged there and creating pressure.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.