Help me/slap me....november is taking a long time to get here

34 replies to this topic
  • TimFurryBalls

Posted September 12, 2005 - 11:35 PM

Not to flame or start an argument, but how about a "friendly" bet on the '06's handling? I BET that you won't be seeing handling in the RMZ/CRF department on this one. If it gets rated in the dirt rags as "out-turning" or "railing ruts" over the CRF's or RMZ's, then I'll. . . make a post on this forum and tell everybody how much I suck and how much my red bike sucks. . . :applause: :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted September 13, 2005 - 04:39 AM

Tim....no flaming or wars.

But...how about "out lasting" the crf? :banghead: :lol:

(BTW...no one ever said the red bikes "suck"...they are very nice and are making Yamaha get off their butts and make the YZF better....it's all good in my book! :applause: )

• ripntear

Posted September 13, 2005 - 08:38 AM

Tim,

I applaud you for having the courage to try a Honda when you knew what your '03 YZ450 was already like. I have never really been one to hop around that much after I find something that's proven itself. I feel that Yamaha has definitely done that and this is why I am reluctant to "jump ship" before the '06's are released, ridden and reviewed by those who are brave enough to rush out and buy one. That's what is so great about this site. If there's a problem, people will share it so that we can collectively put our heads together and find the best fix for it, be it in the Honda Forum or Yamaha Forum.

As far as the handling you are referring to, if they don't take a step back, I think that everyone would be ok with it. To me, it's not about one specific characterstic as it is the whole bike.

I think Satch summed it up in a post a few weeks back when he said that most people who buy these bikes don't even race them and they will perform well for years for those people. Those who do race will spend the bucks to make them reliable and raceable.

But I will take you up on your friendly bet. If the '06 YZ450 "out turns" the CRF's or RMZ's, instead of you publicly announcing how much you and your bike suck, I'll announce that I am the proud new owner of a BRAND SPANKING NEW 2006 YZ450. How's that?

• TimFurryBalls

Posted September 13, 2005 - 08:53 AM

Heh, heh. Fair enough guys! I know the red bikes don't suck, and I have NOTHING against blue! But isn't it fun to speculate? I know what it's like to wait for a new bike! Man, you guys remember how long it took for the '03 to come out? The spie photos, drawings, etc? Maybe I won't say I or my bike sucks if you win, but I will admit I was wrong! :banghead:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 13, 2005 - 01:47 PM

This is not helping....... :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2005 - 03:18 PM

Be strong my son.

• Satch0922

Posted September 13, 2005 - 04:22 PM

http://oem.thumperta...crossbikes.aspx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Way Fast Whitey

Posted September 13, 2005 - 05:27 PM

WHAT?!? thats not a '06 yz250F

• Satch0922

Posted September 14, 2005 - 05:08 AM

If you notice the "blue" versions of the 450 and 250 are not accurate pictures....just an error...

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2005 - 10:01 AM

just an error...

Just lazy! :banghead:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 14, 2005 - 01:47 PM

yea I saw that ....... teaser! :banghead:

• TimFurryBalls

Posted September 14, 2005 - 01:54 PM

Damn, those are some good prices. Man, if I had money burning a hole in my wallet and wanted a blue bike, I WOULD BUY AN '06 YZF, ALUMINUM FRAMED, 5 VALVE, 5-SPEED, FOUR STROKE RIGHT NOW. . . . :banghead:

• ripntear

Posted September 14, 2005 - 06:47 PM

Damn, those are some good prices. Man, if I had money burning a hole in my wallet and wanted a blue bike, I WOULD BUY AN '06 YZF, ALUMINUM FRAMED, 5 VALVE, 5-SPEED, FOUR STROKE RIGHT NOW. . . . :banghead:

Your description in CAPS sounds good man! Now quit taunting us. LOL!!!

• Reyndogg

Posted September 14, 2005 - 08:59 PM

It's funny, most people dread making out a check for thousands, yet I cant wait!

ugh

• Thumper38

Posted September 15, 2005 - 04:49 AM

Yea I enjoy forking it out to, There is nothing else in life that makes me feel as good as rideing a good moto! (Keep this clean guys)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.