FYI Dirt cheap tires

10 replies to this topic
  • jeffw

Posted September 10, 2005 - 06:28 AM

For anyone interested I found these while tire shopping on the web:

Cheng Shen 858

M858804 510X18 CS C858 DUAL SPORT 6P TT $5.56

and yes I confirmed they have some and they ARE $5.56 each (around $13.00 for shipping - still a steal!) :banghead:

they're here:

http://www.tiresunli...s/chengshin.htm

• captb

Posted September 10, 2005 - 09:40 AM

I ordered a couple dual sports for bombing around till the desert cools off, great deal thank's for the FYI.
M760801 560X18 CS C755 MOTOCROSS 6PLY TT $5.56 4 in stock when I called
M858804 510X18 CS C858 DUAL SPORT 6P TT $5.56 6 left now after I took 2

• targetdrone

Posted September 10, 2005 - 03:26 PM

Cheap, yes. I have had a couple of bad experiences with CS tires on street bikes. Even for the dirt, I will stick with better quality rubber. Maybe if I were going to sell my bike and wanted to save the good rubber for myself...

• sgifford

Posted September 10, 2005 - 07:35 PM

I won't use CS tires on the street. I'm still trying to get over the very bad experience I had with them many years ago on a street bike. In the rain, it was like riding on ice. The worst tire purchase I ever made. They're probably better now, but I still want to pay for good quality in street tires.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 11, 2005 - 04:49 PM

at 5 bucks a tire, can u go wrong?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted September 11, 2005 - 04:51 PM

what size are thoes and is it for both front and back or what? i need a new set on my xr650l........can u find me a match for my rims....i was a 50/50 tire

• roadcam

Posted September 11, 2005 - 05:13 PM

at 5 bucks a tire, can u go wrong?

yes, you can definitely go wrong with cheap tires ... you usually get what you pay for, and your life could depend on your tire someday
:banghead:

• frankstr

Posted September 12, 2005 - 03:04 AM

yes, you can definitely go wrong with cheap tires ... you usually get what you pay for, and your life could depend on your tire someday
:banghead:

I agree, You get what you pay for.......... :applause:

• captb

Posted September 12, 2005 - 08:21 AM

If you need tires for commuting on the road I would buy good ones, if your just tearing up the streets till the desert gets cool enough to put the fresh knobs on to do some serious riding, they will work for me, they can't handle any worse than my last 10 mile ride home with a flat rear knobby.

• miguelitro

Posted September 12, 2005 - 12:49 PM

wouldnt count on one for a long dez or baja ride and definatly not for any street riding.
but heck 5$ cant go wrong if you're just screwing around.

• JimT

Posted September 12, 2005 - 01:21 PM

I put cheap Cheng-Shin tires on my MOUNTAIN BIKE once, took it ot Moab, and wasted the rear tire in two days of slickrock riding. No joke, nothin left, I'm not exaggerating. And it had zero traction too, on SLICKROCK! I thought any tire would hook up on dry slickrock. It was spinning out constantly. I cant imagine how fast their tires wear out on a dirtbike.

The only advantage I see to $5.50 tire is that leaves you with about $50 to cover the emergency room co-pay when you wipe out. :banghead:

Don't do it mang! :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.