How to fix Q-pipe/Anyone got a stocker?

3 replies to this topic
  • bdmmotard

Posted September 09, 2005 - 07:59 PM

Here's the deal. after much abuse the screws on the side for the end cap of my fmf q pipe pulled/stripped out. so i thought i did the right thing by repacking the pipe, drilling new holes in the end, and using rivets to put the pipe back together. except the rivets (alluminum and steel) keep coming loose making my bike sound like crap, lean out, and pop like a mother on decel. soooo

1) is there a way to fix my pipe? i reckon welding is out since it's alluminum. I reckon jd weld wouldn't last long.

2) anyone got a stocker to sell for cheap?

3) does sil motor make a pipe for this bike? my buddy had one on his husky. it sounded gorgeous, and was relatively quiet.

4) i'm currently running a power bomb header. does it work wilth other slip on's? ie does the power bomb end at the same place as stock?

• WildRide

Posted September 09, 2005 - 09:43 PM

Can you tap to a larger screw size?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • storm 800

Posted September 10, 2005 - 05:18 AM

I will swap ya my stocker for your power bomb!

• bdmmotard

Posted September 10, 2005 - 06:44 AM

I will swap ya my stocker for your power bomb!

the header is fine, i might swap a tore up q-pipe for a stocker though! the pipe is actually in good shape and repacked, it's just the end fitting is loose.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.