vortex cdi box

16 replies to this topic
  • so_cal_sean

Posted September 09, 2005 - 03:38 PM

went to Mt racing and got the vortex cdi for my 02 wr426 what a difference the 10 different curves are incredible on the power cureve it rips and on the traction mode it comes on smooth as silk and hooks great. definetly worth the money :applause: :banghead:

• clark4131

Posted September 09, 2005 - 09:22 PM

So what's the story with this thing? Did I read the price right at $400? That seems pretty inexpensive for something that gives you so much control over the ignition. C'mon gurus, I got money to spend and no target to dump it on. DMan knows of what I speak...SC

• so_cal_sean

Posted September 10, 2005 - 09:55 PM

it is great the programs you can also change yourself if you purchase the software, it comes with 10 curves including the stock program with just the rev limiter increased to 11700rpm you won't find a cdi ask a few of the pros they run the same one you will see it on their bike it is yellow and includes the thumb control so you can flip back and forth between the vortex best overal power program and which ever other single program you choose by way of the small 10 position switch on the cdi box it self. it really makes a difference when you need to come on the throttle hard the acceleration is much stronger. :banghead: :applause: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• nimiz1

Posted September 10, 2005 - 10:35 PM

is this cdi good for the wr-400?

• Brettv

Posted September 11, 2005 - 04:50 AM

yeah u can get one for the wr 400 as well, ive looked at one, seem to be pretty good
$500 AUD though

• dman450f

Posted September 11, 2005 - 08:25 AM

So what's the story with this thing? Did I read the price right at $400? That seems pretty inexpensive for something that gives you so much control over the ignition. C'mon gurus, I got money to spend and no target to dump it on. DMan knows of what I speak...SC

Oh jeez , I just bought my kid a bunch of junk for his bike yesterday.... :applause: Sooo...where do we get this thing? more power ? :lol: what does it do ? lets figure it out man ... :banghead: DC...

• byggd

Posted September 11, 2005 - 08:50 AM

Oh jeez , I just bought my kid a bunch of junk for his bike yesterday.... :applause: Sooo...where do we get this thing? more power ? :lol: what does it do ? lets figure it out man ... :banghead: DC...

It sounds pretty cool. Follow this link

• so_cal_sean

Posted September 11, 2005 - 11:11 AM

the us distriputer is mt racing they are of the 91 frw @ van buren go lfet to jurupa and it is on the left in the first complex , riverside california
they are $398 plus tax that is what i paid

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dman450f

Posted September 11, 2005 - 11:13 AM

It sounds pretty cool. Follow this link

Oh great , now we have to figure out if the grey wire needs hooked up and all that and man that does look cool.... :banghead: thanks for the link sir, Im sure my wife will thank you as well :applause: Sooo... who has one and do you like??

• Matty05

Posted September 11, 2005 - 02:48 PM

is this cdi good for the wr-400?

My good mate has one on his wr400, it rips!
It is a pitty that he can't keep the front wheel on the ground.

I don't know if I should get the vortex or a steering damper as my next investment? :banghead:

• dman450f

Posted September 11, 2005 - 03:16 PM

went to Mt racing and got the vortex cdi for my 02 wr426 what a difference the 10 different curves are incredible on the power cureve it rips and on the traction mode it comes on smooth as silk and hooks great. definetly worth the money :lol: :banghead:

Im bummed , I dont see a listing for the 05 man... :applause:

• Matty05

Posted September 11, 2005 - 03:21 PM

Yes, they make them for the '05. Just call and ask.
If I can get them in Australia, you can get them in USA. :banghead:

• dman450f

Posted September 11, 2005 - 03:25 PM

Yes, they make them for the '05. Just call and ask.
If I can get them in Australia, you can get them in USA. :banghead:

are you running one matty?? if you are , tell me about it bro . :applause:

• Matty05

Posted September 11, 2005 - 05:54 PM

are you running one matty?? if you are , tell me about it bro . :banghead:

Nah mate, not yet. I know of a few people over here running it. Trust me, it
makes a difference.

• clark4131

Posted September 11, 2005 - 06:28 PM

The listing for the '05 is there. Here's the link. The listing for the 03-05 is about halfway down in bright yellow indicating it's a new variation. MT's website probably is up to date just yet. Never fear, it's there for you to throw money at :banghead: ...SC

• Flooringit

Posted November 20, 2011 - 09:56 PM

anyone have experience programming there own curves in a vortex cdi? im thinking of buying one

• William1

Posted November 21, 2011 - 08:13 AM

Unless you spend a lot of money, you cannot program it yourself. There is proprietary software needed on top of purchasing the CDI so few own it, meaning if you want a different map , you have to pay someone for it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.