What I all need?

2 replies to this topic
  • Dave_B

Posted March 20, 2001 - 04:57 PM

Now I've got three bikes and I realized, a load of maintenance to keep on top of. Just bought all three in last 4 months, and thinking about mods to my bike, and adjustments. What would be the best products to buy for oil, fluids, tools, etc.. Everytime I want to do something, it's a couple of trips to the store. I intend to do some of the mods suggested on this site, carb jetting, speed bleeder etc.. What needles should I order for the carb etc.. What do you guys feel are the most important tools, accessories, and supplies I should have and stock to keep my bikes up and running. Any suggestions are appreciated. ( I'm new at this you know! )

00 WR400
00 XR 50
99 KTM 50SX Pro Senior

[This message has been edited by Dave B (edited 03-20-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted March 20, 2001 - 08:11 PM

Try using the search in the upper right.

Things like IMS tank, Applied triple clamps, EKP needle, exhausts (some suggested by Clark), greasing linkages, Scotts steering damper, frequent oil changes, etc. are a few popular things that come to mind.

• Bill

Posted March 21, 2001 - 03:17 AM

If you do go with the tank. Make sure you accomodate money for a seat. The IMS tank JD refers to is a YZ style tank. It will allow you to move further forward on the bike. This will weight the front end better, to keep the front wheel from washing out.

Also if it still has the stock air filter, pitch and replace with an aftermarket unit.

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.