New Hinson Basket on EBay

7 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted September 09, 2005 - 02:28 PM

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this auction on eBay. $75 for a brand new basket, but it's for an '03. It's not my auction, but I was going to bid if it fit my '05. Alas, no such luck :banghead: ...SC

• dman450f

Posted September 09, 2005 - 02:59 PM

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this auction on eBay. $75 for a brand new basket, but it's for an '03. It's not my auction, but I was going to bid if it fit my '05. Alas, no such luck :applause: ...SC

Clark I am starting to think we are similar in some ways, ya know , sitting around trying to find new ways to spend money on our bikes ... :banghead:

• clark4131

Posted September 09, 2005 - 04:23 PM

I think you're on to something there. I spent $6150 on the bike and another $5000 on goodies. My wife did a little investigating on our Quicken records and itemized out everything for the bike. I had no clue I spent that kind of cash. Thankfully, she was on a 7-month maternity leave that I was financing, so she couldn't get mad, but damn! :lol: :applause: :banghead: ...SC

• dman450f

Posted September 09, 2005 - 04:46 PM

I think you're on to something there. I spent $6150 on the bike and another $5000 on goodies. My wife did a little investigating on our Quicken records and itemized out everything for the bike. I had no clue I spent that kind of cash. Thankfully, she was on a 7-month maternity leave that I was financing, so she couldn't get mad, but damn! :lol: :lol: :banghead: ...SC

Well , so far this year I have puchased 6 dirt bikes , and 1 street bike that I sold when my buddie got hit by a pickup truck that ran a red light , shook me up a little , he is ok though . Obviously my wife is very cool with me and my toys... :lol: but I still must buy a least one thing for my bike every week , the 450 that is...God I love that bike...just have to make sure I dont slam into an elk or something... :applause: DC...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted September 09, 2005 - 05:06 PM

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this auction on eBay. $75 for a brand new basket, but it's for an '03. It's not my auction, but I was going to bid if it fit my '05. Alas, no such luck :banghead: ...SC

You sure it won't fit:thinking: I looked on hinson's website and the 03 basket works on the o4 wr450. Did they change the basket between the 04 and 05 on the wr?

• clark4131

Posted September 09, 2005 - 08:29 PM

Yep, it's different. I was on the phone with Hinson and the p/n for an '05 is H216. The way they list their applications is very confusing. If you download the PDF catalog from their homepage, you'll see it...SC

• clark4131

Posted September 09, 2005 - 08:33 PM

...I still must buy a least one thing for my bike every week ...

Same here. I just put on some Moose fork bleeder valves. Very slick little doodads. I think I'm gonna get a Rekluse, so this Hinson thing is off to the back burner...I just need to save up about $1000 so I can do it right...Clutch, Tungsten balls, Perch Adjuster w/ longer cable, Rear hand brake, and the blue anodized cover...trick shiznit :banghead: ...SC

• dman450f

Posted September 10, 2005 - 05:25 AM

Same here. I just put on some Moose fork bleeder valves. Very slick little doodads. I think I'm gonna get a Rekluse, so this Hinson thing is off to the back burner...I just need to save up about $1000 so I can do it right...Clutch, Tungsten balls, Perch Adjuster w/ longer cable, Rear hand brake, and the blue anodized cover...trick shiznit :banghead: ...SC

I am still trying to figure out the benies of having the recluse, and yeah that is a small wad to spend...for now anyway...still working out the carb issues... :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.