New pic's - cut fender, plate :-D

10 replies to this topic
  • ImpalaR1

Posted September 09, 2005 - 02:24 PM

Just working my way to a nice conversion, i'm gonna get some 17" rims soon, and go from there.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• captb

Posted September 09, 2005 - 02:46 PM

For a new tag it sure is hard to read :applause: Bike looks nice, they are a blast on the street too, I ride mine late night it's cooler then, I have full knobbies but it's still fun, if you gear them tall and it's jetted right the fuel milage is good, mines getting 50 mpg but it's just at idle at 50 mph in 5th, cruises 75 at 1/3 throttle, have fun. :banghead:

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 09, 2005 - 03:05 PM

See i have stock gearing, so it's pretty short. But I'm planning on doing about the same gearing you have. How much does that affect wheelie's etc. Right now i can do 3rd gear wheelie's off the throttle, and 4th gear with a tug on the bars on the street. I do want taller gearing since i'm gonna be on the street more. Thanks

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 09, 2005 - 03:07 PM

For a new tag it sure is hard to read :banghead:

lol, it's bad habbit, i always blurr plates when i post pic's. :applause:

• J_Daniels

Posted September 09, 2005 - 03:07 PM

Jeez, your tail is even straight! Nice simple mount, looks clean. I have 15-43 and it's still a wheelie monster. Too much for me in fact. My next project is to slow down the throttle ratio a bit to give a bit more finesse in the lower rpms.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Supplicate

Posted September 09, 2005 - 03:42 PM

lol, it's bad habbit, i always blurr plates when i post pic's. :applause:

good habbit IMO, that way punks that want to have fun can't report your plate for reckless driving :banghead: (its happened to a friend before)

• justicedone

Posted September 09, 2005 - 03:53 PM

I dont see any turn signals, and I am thinking any law enforcer would notice as well...

good luck though

• Supplicate

Posted September 09, 2005 - 04:50 PM

I dont see any turn signals, and I am thinking any law enforcer would notice as well...

good luck though

some states don't require turn signals :banghead:

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 09, 2005 - 06:17 PM

WA doesn't require turn signals, But i'm still riding with stock headlight and tail light, which both need to be changed to be DOT.

• XRsteve

Posted September 09, 2005 - 09:03 PM

That is nice looking bike! It makes me wish I would've bought a 650R instead of an 650L. I just didn't want to mess with the DMV. (You seem to know all about that!)

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 09, 2005 - 09:41 PM

yea, i almost cried last week when i couldn't get it plated....lol... But it was worth the effort to keep trying.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.