Will an 01 YZF tank fit a 00 WR?

4 replies to this topic
  • kirkw

Posted September 09, 2005 - 10:47 AM

Considering the mod to enhance ability to move around more. For those that have done the mod, is it a narrower profile and was it a real benefit? Thanks in advance! Also will the 01 YZ shrouds fit my wr?

• Birdie426

Posted September 09, 2005 - 11:01 AM

Yes, it will fit. Yes, it is a narrower profile. Hell Yes it's a worthwhile mod! It also carries the fuel lower to slightly lower the CG.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted September 09, 2005 - 11:18 AM

You will need a YZ seat as well. The WR seat will not fit the YZ tank. I had this setup on my '01 WR and liked it.

• Bamster

Posted September 12, 2005 - 04:42 AM

Not only is the YZ seat and tank combo thiner, it also helps you slide further up on the tank when turning. It's the best handling mod you can do. :banghead:

• 808WR

Posted September 13, 2005 - 10:37 PM

My 00WR has a YZ tank and seat an i like it. really feels good when u hit the track.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.