3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 27, 2000 - 04:40 AM

What's the best way to get the standard graphics off the tank and rad shrouds? And is there an agreed best way of putting aftermarket ones on - I've read posts which say use contact cleaner, don't use contact cleaner, use soapy water, don't use soapy water etc. All a bit confusing.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 27, 2000 - 05:09 AM

I just got done refurbing an xr 200. To remove the stickers. I poured domestic hot water over slowly over the sticker I was removing and it worked great. It softens the glue and makes the sticker more pliable. They peeled right off

[This message has been edited by mike68 (edited 12-27-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sbohanon

Posted December 27, 2000 - 06:09 AM

the graphics on my yz pulled right off like a bad wallpaper job. putting new graphics on this weekend, recommend spraying the graphics and surface to be applied to with mixture of 2/3rds water 1/3rd rubbing alcohol. this allows you to move the graphic around for best alignment and makes it easy to remove air bubbles. use a credit card wrapped with a paper towel to squeege the air bubbles out.

• jj

Posted December 27, 2000 - 07:34 AM

Heat guns work well but be careful those things are seriously hot. Hair dryer only as a last resort.

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.