yz 426 question

6 replies to this topic
  • fatboyrv

Posted September 08, 2005 - 06:41 PM

i have a 2001 yz 426 i have a stock foam filter im thinking switching to uni or twin air or something like that i thinking im leaning towards the uni what do you think is the best to buy

• rasta

Posted September 08, 2005 - 07:23 PM

you will probably get alot of opinions on wich is best, i have tried all kinds, i use the no toil air filter because after every cleaning it comes out looking like it never was used, spotless, plus everytime i buy the cleaner and oil for it ,there is a mail in cupon for a free air filter.

• yz_for_me

Posted September 08, 2005 - 07:25 PM

I also have an '01 and use Uni filters. They have held up very well and have given me no reason to complain about them. That being said, I think any of the filters you mentioned will work great as long as you clean them regularly. IMO filter maintenance is more important than filter brand. Pick one and go with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • walent215

Posted September 09, 2005 - 04:54 AM

i like my twin air because its one layer compared to the two layers in the uni

• 426Climber

Posted September 09, 2005 - 12:29 PM

I've used both, currently running a UNI Filter. I haven't noticed any difference between the two. Just clean em' every couple of rides, depending on conditions.

• Btwick

Posted September 09, 2005 - 12:39 PM

I get the NoToils as they are REALLY easy to clean with the detergent that comes with the filters and spray oil.. No solvents/thinners and messy oil..

• MisterMan

Posted September 09, 2005 - 08:39 PM

I have a uni...never steared me wrong...thats all that I have ever ran in my bikes....did that twin air thing 4 awhile and I hated them.....plus unlike NoToil filters you can run what ever oil ya want in uni's. (notoil's oil, uni's oil (spray, not raw....exc....exc...)

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.