O-rings

2 replies to this topic
  • 99raptor

Posted September 08, 2005 - 04:26 PM

How often do you change the O-rings by the oil filter.I've got about 6-8 oil changes on my originals and 1 of them started to seep,so I'm changing all 4[3 little ,1 large]of them.What seems to be the normal life of these? :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted September 08, 2005 - 05:07 PM

My small ones are originals and I've replaced my large o-ring once. 250+hours on bike, and oil/filter changes every other ride.

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2005 - 05:30 PM

I have a complete set on hand in case I think one of them looks flaky when I change the oil. If I use one, I buy one to replace it the next week. I think I've used 3 or 4 between both bikes in two years.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.