2 questions ,Oil? and Jetting

9 replies to this topic
  • GrinderCCM

Posted September 08, 2005 - 10:31 AM

Just bought a 2002 wr426 down in Vegas, when i was down there i road it a bit and it is awesome. after i road it for 5 min the first time i checked the oil and it was full.. it was kinda weird tho, the oil was a milky green??? should not oil be clear with a slight color???

The other question i have is, I live in Utah and the start or low elevation here is 4000 feet. I ride anywhere from 4k to 9k Feet. I’m taking the bike to get jetted for my elevation because i noticed a very little dip in performance, well basically when i pull the throttle fast it bogs abit. im guessing here but i think the air is thinner so the fuel air mixture is needing more air.

Should i get a Dyno or JD kit or something or just let them rejet it with the stock parts?

Thanks guys

• GrinderCCM

Posted September 08, 2005 - 10:31 AM

Just bought a 2002 wr426 down in Vegas, when i was down there i road it a bit and it is awesome. after i road it for 5 min the first time i checked the oil and it was full.. it was kinda weird tho, the oil was a milky green??? should not oil be clear with a slight color???

The other question i have is, I live in Utah and the start or low elevation here is 4000 feet. I ride anywhere from 4k to 9k Feet. I’m taking the bike to get jetted for my elevation because i noticed a very little dip in performance, well basically when i pull the throttle fast it bogs abit. im guessing here but i think the air is thinner so the fuel air mixture is needing more air.

Should i get a Dyno or JD kit or something or just let them rejet it with the stock parts?

Thanks guys

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 08, 2005 - 04:27 PM

Milky green? Sounds like coolant in there...

• CheYuen

Posted September 08, 2005 - 04:39 PM

Milky green? Sounds like coolant in there...

That's what I thought too ? ? ?

• walent215

Posted September 08, 2005 - 05:05 PM

def. sounds like coolant.prolly just need to replace the water pump seal-easy job and even though the jd jet kits and such are highly recommended on here i personally would just rejet with stock jets myself -youll save alot by doing it yourself

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tcmII

Posted September 08, 2005 - 05:28 PM

jetting depends on how much effort you want to put into it. After reading many posts I went with the JD kit. Followed the directions and and extra email and al has been good. :banghead:

Just my thoughts.

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted September 08, 2005 - 05:47 PM

I went with the JD kit because of its adjustability, I have everything I need to dial in the jetting now and am never going to look back.

• RichBaker

Posted September 09, 2005 - 11:20 AM

Kendall MC oil is kind of greenish colored...

• dman450f

Posted September 09, 2005 - 01:23 PM

change your oil and buy the jd kit,ride for a little while and check the oil color again,if its still milky , you got problems.... :banghead: :applause:

• GrinderCCM

Posted September 09, 2005 - 02:34 PM

Great,, thanks. Ill try that..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.