Chain Adjustment/Gearing

4 replies to this topic
  • TimBrp

Posted September 08, 2005 - 04:55 AM

Got a quick question for you guys. I have an 02 XR650R currently with 14/50 gearing and a DID VM X-ring on it. Anyone with the same gearing find that their chain adjustment is way out there. In other words causing the rear wheel to be at it's utmost furthest point out? This is causing me trouble in the trails as the length of the bike feels alot longer and turning becomes a hassle. Anyone reccommend a better ratio? Maybe 13/48? Any pros or cons to switching. Another thing I'm noticing with the larger rear sprocket is that my chain rubs the chain guide and wears on the master link. I love the extra 2 teeth as it gives me more time in 3rd without downshifting however, the chain is always adjusted way out and the bike feels really long in the twistys. Any opinions?

• ponq

Posted September 08, 2005 - 06:55 AM

Take out a link?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted September 08, 2005 - 08:26 AM

Can't. Even if I put the adjusters all the way in I don't have enough slack to take a link out. That's the problem.

• ponq

Posted September 08, 2005 - 06:55 AM

Take out a link?

• TimBrp

Posted September 08, 2005 - 08:26 AM

Can't. Even if I put the adjusters all the way in I don't have enough slack to take a link out. That's the problem.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.