cdi boxes / rev limiter

3 replies to this topic
  • so_cal_sean

Posted September 07, 2005 - 07:37 PM

I have recently increased the compresion of my 02 wr 426 and installed the hot cams. It runs incredible the only problem is that the motor is still pulling when i hit the rev limiter. i have searched and can not find an aftermarket cdi box besides the vortex one and it is to high price for me. Is there any other way to remove the govenor? Or possibly is ther a way to convert and use the 04/ 05 aftermarket boxes on the 02. if any one could help it would be greatly apppreciated. by the way the wisco piston and hot cams work incredible together

• 99wr400

Posted September 07, 2005 - 07:57 PM

Get a more powerful bike, You aren't making peak power at WOT anyways.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • so_cal_sean

Posted September 07, 2005 - 08:12 PM

I realize, that i am making peak horse power but not peak torque , it is just i am not able to use the ful potental of the power with the rev limiter in place
the bike is still pulling very strong, i could advance the cams and change the curve but i like the broader power curve

• 99wr400

Posted September 08, 2005 - 04:04 PM

Engines usually reach peak torque before peak horsepower. Just buy a CR500 if you want loads of power, don't modify your bike, get something faster.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.