Frame Guards

13 replies to this topic
  • 450 Hurricane

Posted September 07, 2005 - 11:07 AM

To protect the paint on the frame from "boot wear", I have been putting duct tape on the frame where the paint tends to rub off.

We'll, I'm getting a little tired of cleaning off the adhesive between rides.

I am looking at frame guards from Devol and Carbon Fiber Works.

Are there others anyone would recommend or does anyone have experience with Devol or Carbon Fiber Works?

• clark4131

Posted September 07, 2005 - 11:09 AM

I bought the Works Connection guards and am very happy with them. I looked into the Devols and didn't like the style. The CF ones I found were too cost prohibitive...SC

• hotthrottle613

Posted September 07, 2005 - 11:13 AM

I just put a set of Devols on this week and really like them. Took less than 5 minutes to install.

• byggd

Posted September 07, 2005 - 11:42 AM

Devols :banghead: Here is a pic of them on my bike.

• Khari

Posted September 07, 2005 - 11:58 AM

I got mine from Eline Accessories. The textured ones are great!

http://www.elineacce...rameguards.html

• WGP

Posted September 07, 2005 - 12:28 PM

Works Connection :banghead:

• CheYuen

Posted September 07, 2005 - 12:45 PM

I have works connection :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted September 07, 2005 - 12:50 PM

I got mine from Eline Accessories. The textured ones are great!

http://www.elineacce...rameguards.html

Look at those prices :banghead:

• Matty05

Posted September 07, 2005 - 02:50 PM

I got my B&B's to protect the rear brake resivoir as well as stop rubbing.
I had a mate that got his resivoir ripped clean off by a stray tree branch.
Well worth the money.

• joshb

Posted September 07, 2005 - 03:00 PM

I had the works connection ones on my rm and they got black pretty soon from boot rub. On my yzf I just got some of the carbon fiber works ones and they look great. Plus when they get scratched you can't tell cause it's carbon fiber! They're a little pricey at 80$ but I think they look great if your into that whole carbon fiber thing.

• GlocksRock

Posted September 07, 2005 - 03:32 PM

I have and like the Devols.

• tony1970

Posted September 07, 2005 - 04:13 PM

Works Connection! :banghead: :applause: As for getting scuff marks on them a SOS pad and water clean them up great. My buddy has the CF's and they look splintered after a few years riding. :lol: I had WC's on my XR400 for 7 years and they still looked great to the day I sold it. :lol:

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 07, 2005 - 04:33 PM

I ate holes the size of my fist through my first set of Devols in 2 years of heavy riding. Now I am on the works connection units. I think the Devols have better coverage and go higher up the frame. Works connection units look better but are not as good protection. :banghead:

• RADRick

Posted September 07, 2005 - 05:48 PM

My main problems with aluminum frame guards are a) dirt gets in behind them and ends up scratching the frame anyway, :applause: they make a mess of my white boots, and c) they look like hell after a couple of rides. Acerbis makes some nice plastic guards that cover more of the frame, but alas, they don't make them for my '04 WR450F. :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.