Powerbomb headpipe?

5 replies to this topic
  • fowler175

Posted September 07, 2005 - 08:38 AM

So I realized this weekend, just how flimsy the stock Ti headpipe is on my 450. Just a few little rocks flipped up by my front tire, and its dented all to crap. I am assuming that if I go to the stainless powerbomb, it should be a LOT stronger, yes? Also, does the powerbomb fit the stock exhaust? I like the stock can, and will probably end up getting a PMB insert for it.
Thanks

• MotoGoalie

Posted September 07, 2005 - 10:07 AM

I'm looking to buy someones used powerbomb header or any steel header for a YZ450f, 2003 model. PM me to sell it. :banghead:

• Pincushion

Posted September 07, 2005 - 10:17 AM

I've got the PB header and it is a thinker guage of steel than stock. It will take more abuse than the stocker, but I'd still reccomend a shield for it.

It's certainly MUCH better than the old Ti header its replacing. A drop of water would dent that thing.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX260

Posted September 07, 2005 - 11:35 AM

I had a Powerbomb on my '03 450 which worked fine with the stock exhaust. It is a bit stronger than stock, but it still didn't take too much to put a thumb print sized dent in it. Definitely recommend a guard for it.

• fowler175

Posted September 07, 2005 - 12:07 PM

Thanks guys. So what gaurd would you guys recommend?

• Pincushion

Posted September 07, 2005 - 12:58 PM

There used to be a kit in ebay that would allow you to attach the stock header guard to any header, but I dont see it anymore. A few hose clamps, a 1/4" piece of Aluminum and a 6-pack of beer should be all you need to make you own though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.