wr kick stand on a yz???

11 replies to this topic
  • speddie3

Posted September 07, 2005 - 07:25 AM

I ride all over the place and carring my stand or my triangle around is getting to be a pain. will a wr kickstand bolt up to my yz426? and if so does anyone have a extra/take off around they want to part with???

• Butta

Posted September 07, 2005 - 12:09 PM

I would think you'd have to weld the bracket onto the frame of your YZ for the kickstand to attach to. That's what the 98 lacked, anyway.

• hoz88

Posted September 07, 2005 - 12:27 PM

You can find kickstands on ebay for about $40 that supposedly bolt right on. I haven't tried one, though.

• Hofnar

Posted September 07, 2005 - 02:46 PM

I have a 2002 YZ426F that I have a kickstand on. Bolts right on.
Can't remember who makes it though. Sorry.

Very helpful. Especially if you plan on trail riding your moto.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted September 07, 2005 - 02:50 PM

If you have a stock wr stand www.bajadesigns used to make a bracket that adapted the stock WR stand parts to the YZ. Not sure if they still have it though. The whole kit was like $150. But you may be able to get just that bracket out of them.

Otherwise Trailtech and Promotobillet make a stand for your bike.

• BergArabia

Posted September 08, 2005 - 12:43 AM

I have a promotobillet stand on my YZ450.
They advertise on this site..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted September 08, 2005 - 12:47 AM

I have a Trail Tech stand on mine and it was a bolt on part. It's almost half the price of the Promotobillet one too at $89.

It's a nice part that suits my needs, but it isn't near as sturdy looking as the PMB part. But it's guaranteed to hold you up while kicking the bike.

http://www.trailtech...kickstand_1.htm

• fowler175

Posted September 08, 2005 - 07:42 AM

You are better off with either the trailtech, or PMB. I just installed a trailtech on my 04' and it tucks way up like a KTM, and it does'nt even flop around on the mx track.

• fowler175

Posted September 08, 2005 - 07:42 AM

You are better off with either the trailtech, or PMB. I just installed a trailtech on my 04' and it tucks way up like a KTM, and it does'nt even flop around on the mx track.

• Flynall

Posted September 08, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Hey!

I have the Trailtech kick stand on my YZ250f. I like it very much and would highly recommend it. :banghead:

RH

• speddie3

Posted September 09, 2005 - 06:35 AM

well thanks, I will look around more, but it sounds like everyone likes the stands. I am a welder, but I sure don't want to go welding random parts on my baby!!

• b-bike

Posted September 09, 2005 - 08:54 PM

speddie3:

I sent you a p.m. with pictures of the kick-stand that I used on my 2001 YZ-426. :banghead:

Boyd

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.