electric start for 2000 XR650R

29 replies to this topic
  • BrettJ

Posted September 08, 2005 - 02:40 PM

I think it's awesome a 15yo is riding a 650 good work man :banghead:

• qadsan

Posted September 08, 2005 - 03:35 PM

I think it's awesome a 15yo is riding a 650 good work man :lol:

Yeah, me too. One of my sons started riding my 650r at age ~14. It took him a little bit before he could start it reliably, but it was nothing he couldn't overcome. My wife is only 5'6" @ 120lbs and she'll even ride my 650r for a little bit. Granted its not her first choice, but she likes the powwa of da big thumpa :applause:. She only rides it on fairly flat non-technical terrain, but the bike brings a grin to her face when she accelerates or pops the front wheel up. Some people are ready to ride this bike earlier than others and some are never ready to ride it, but I was riding / racing open class two stroke in my early teens and loved it. Hopefully 'Xr650' is ready for it and has tons of fun with this bike :banghead:

• Troy_Bell

Posted September 08, 2005 - 10:43 AM

Kickstarting is a form of natural selection, Only those able to start it should ride it.

What he said!!!

• 4Takt

Posted September 08, 2005 - 10:43 AM

I run grip heaters [...]

Time to trade that dirt bike in for a Goldwing.

4Takt

• oldturtle

Posted September 08, 2005 - 11:57 AM

Also to make starting easier keep idle turned up or if you must turn idle down when warmed up then turn idle back up before starting cold. Even hot starting is easier with higher idle setting. Another tip for cold starting when bike has been setting for a week or more is to have fresh gas in float bowl by just leaning bike over until you get steady stream of gas onto the ground.
I agree with others that you should either learn to kick start the bike or ride something else. It may help you to have an experienced thumper stomper show you the ropes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrettJ

Posted September 08, 2005 - 02:40 PM

I think it's awesome a 15yo is riding a 650 good work man :banghead:

• qadsan

Posted September 08, 2005 - 03:35 PM

I think it's awesome a 15yo is riding a 650 good work man :lol:

Yeah, me too. One of my sons started riding my 650r at age ~14. It took him a little bit before he could start it reliably, but it was nothing he couldn't overcome. My wife is only 5'6" @ 120lbs and she'll even ride my 650r for a little bit. Granted its not her first choice, but she likes the powwa of da big thumpa :applause:. She only rides it on fairly flat non-technical terrain, but the bike brings a grin to her face when she accelerates or pops the front wheel up. Some people are ready to ride this bike earlier than others and some are never ready to ride it, but I was riding / racing open class two stroke in my early teens and loved it. Hopefully 'Xr650' is ready for it and has tons of fun with this bike :banghead:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 08, 2005 - 06:18 PM

hehe, im 16....was 15 when i got my xr650l!!!!!!!!!!!

• qadsan

Posted September 08, 2005 - 06:44 PM

hehe, im 16....was 15 when i got my xr650l!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :lol: :applause: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Thumpmeister

Posted September 08, 2005 - 07:52 PM

Geez, is this a website full of high schoolers?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.