Carb removal?

7 replies to this topic
  • Carlo

Posted March 19, 2001 - 09:03 PM

What is the procedure to remove the carburator from a WR 400? I had a go this evening but could not seem to get an allen key into the black plastic housing cover on the right side. I did not think it necessary to remve the coil to do so?I must be overlooking something? Can't seem to find my manual at the moment either argh! one of those frustrating nights.I would like to clean the accelerator pump,do an inspection and change the main jet.
If someone could post an order of disassembly I sure would be appreciative.
Thanks.
Carlo

• Bill

Posted March 20, 2001 - 03:18 AM

You can pull the coil and flop it back behind the frame. To access the cable housing.

Pull the seat and tank.
Remove the cable housing cover.
Remove the cables.
Or take the cables off at the throttle.
Loosen the air box boot, pull it back and tuck it behind the frame.
Loosen the front boot.
Disconnect the TPS lead.
Disconnect the hot start hoses.
Pull the vent hoses out from the suspension linkage area.
And pull the carb.

Did I miss anything guys?

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• James_Dean

Posted March 20, 2001 - 08:35 AM

You don't need to take the seat & tank off (or coil) if you take the cables off at the throttle. Only slide the cables under the tank far enough to access the carb and stop at about 8 inches.

There are no hot start hoses on the '00 & '01WR's.

I'm very well practiced at this. The quickest stopwatch time so far is about 5 minutes to have the carb on the bench.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 20, 2001 - 10:52 PM

Impressive
My best time is 2 hours of course it depends on Guinness or Coors Light

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted March 20, 2001 - 03:36 PM

i moved the right-hand engine holding plate to join the one on the left. now i just pull the carb off & out.

Taffy

• James_Dean

Posted March 20, 2001 - 04:16 PM

Nick,

Your plan sounds better, maybe next time a riding buddy asks, 2 hours+draft. :)

• Joel_Gibson

Posted March 07, 2006 - 12:16 PM

What is the procedure for removing the cables from the carburator?

• Kepy

Posted March 07, 2006 - 12:55 PM

This link should help you a little.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=309069

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.