help....03 450 exhaust

3 replies to this topic
  • woodsk

Posted September 06, 2005 - 11:06 AM

planning a ride to alleghney national forrest this weekend. My buddy bought an 03 450 last week end and then had to go out of town on business until thursday. so I offered to go over the bike and get it ready for the ride.

so I changed the oil, lubed and cleaned stuff blah, blah....then it dawned on me NO SPARK ARRESTOR (a problem in the nat forest). So the question is weather or not he has the stock pipe. It looks like it might be but the endcap has "Titanium" stamped on it. there are not other markings on the pipe except for the not for road use disclaimer. the lack of markings makes me think that it is stock, but I did not think that yammi used any titanimum components in it exhaust.

I need some quick opinions so I can get one over nighted if it is the stock pipe.

thanks
woods

• crayztwentyseven

Posted September 06, 2005 - 11:40 AM

Yes, this is the stock exhaust, I have the same bike and it came with titanium stamped on the endcap. Go to promotobillet.com or to www.dubachracing.com and get a spark arrestor endcap. the spark arrestor is removable at any time. and all you have to do is drill out the old pop rivets and the encap should come right out, then if you have a rivet gun put the new encap in and use the supplied pop rivets. If you do not have a rivet gun they are about 20bucks for a good one and I have found that they are very useful for many things around the house/shop. I personally bought the Dubach racing endcap and I was extremly happy with the performance and Quality. I think that they are both around 100 dollars, and you should be able to get one at your local Yamaha shop. This is the only thing you can do unless you are capable of welding your own into the stock encap or buying a full aftermarket exhaust canister for at least 300 bucks :D Also I am positive this is the stock pipe you are talking about :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 06, 2005 - 11:41 AM

The entire YZ450F exhaust is titanium except for the can itself.

This is a Stock Muffler

If it looks like that, it's OEM.

• woodsk

Posted September 06, 2005 - 12:03 PM

thanks guys now i just need to see who can overnight an end cap :D

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.