Exhaust

16 replies to this topic
  • pkcof

Posted September 05, 2005 - 10:25 PM

Well i really don't envy you guys in the US with all those restrictions to your dirt bikes. The laws here in OZ are a little more relaxed and after all the free mods are done to my 05WR450F it runs sweet as ! My question is: what exhaust seems to give the greatest boost to the bottom/mid power curve. My last three bikes have been Huskys and whilst i really like the Yamaha i would prefer a bit more of a hit in that area. I'd like to get away with just a muffler if that's possible over a full system. I'd also guess that i'd have to go one clip richer on the needle as well ?

• gregwr450f

Posted September 05, 2005 - 11:45 PM

Talk to Stain Tune Exhausts and changing the header will make f-all diff.

• pkcof

Posted September 05, 2005 - 11:58 PM

yeah thanks, i kinda guessed that the header was a bit of a 'con' ... FMF and PRO CIRCUIT seem to get a bit of the aftermarket action as well ... any preferences ???

• Matty05

Posted September 06, 2005 - 12:47 AM

I got a full Procircuit Ti GP system from Ballards.

Oh boy! what a difference!!!!

I am just mucking around with jetting at the moment, I got a JD kit off offroad
enhancements. Definately worth while.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted September 06, 2005 - 08:41 PM

My GYTR has awesome power, very very noticeable. Downside is its loud.

• clark4131

Posted September 06, 2005 - 08:45 PM

If I were to do it again, I'd go with the FMF PowerCore 4SA and a Powerbomb SX header. As it stands, I have a Q2 muffler and the SX and I'm very happy with it...SC

• AUS_WR450

Posted September 06, 2005 - 09:55 PM

I run an FMF powercore 4 on my 04 wr450f. The difference over the standard pipe is mind blowing. But the downside is, that is is very loud.

As "gregwr450" stated, don't waste your money on an aftermarket header. The difference is "fluck all". I wasted my money on the FMF SX and it made no difference at all. Not even to the noise level, as FMF stated it would. :D

And yes, I did play around with the jetting to try to get the best out of the new header.

Nigel

Sydney

• flatnacker

Posted September 06, 2005 - 10:04 PM

How anyone can figure a peice of pipe that is pretty much the same as stock (Im talking header) can make a difference has me beat?? Totally agree that aftermarket headers are a waste of moolah

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted September 07, 2005 - 07:28 AM

what about the powerbomb or that new megabomb (i think its called) header, anybody have n-e experience with these?

• Anthony CRF450

Posted September 07, 2005 - 02:16 PM

hi
i live in Melbourne Australia.

i have an registered 05 wr450 with the power core 4 and power bomb header. the power difference is sensational. i would recommend it to anyone. i got it off ebay cheap and new in box.

its a bit loud though, when i pulled into the petrol station the person filling up next to me covered their ears... :banghead:

• Canuck

Posted September 08, 2005 - 10:30 AM

any recommendations for a pipe that offers hp gain on the 450f without needing earplugs? have a dr.d system on my lil'250 and huge difference in power but have to ride with earplugs as it is ridiculously loud.

• Canuck

Posted September 08, 2005 - 10:30 AM

any recommendations for a pipe that offers hp gain on the 450f without needing earplugs? have a dr.d system on my lil'250 and huge difference in power but have to ride with earplugs as it is ridiculously loud.

• pkcof

Posted September 12, 2005 - 12:03 AM

thanks for the help guys, i think i'll settle for the GYT pipe as the shop that i bought my bike from are willing to do a pretty good deal

• Matty05

Posted September 12, 2005 - 08:15 PM

thanks for the help guys, i think i'll settle for the GYT pipe as the shop that i bought my bike from are willing to do a pretty good deal

They are a nice bit of gear. I know a few people that have got them.
They sound really nice, you may have to leave the spark arrester in to quiet
it down a bit. They are not overly loud, just tolerable. They are not as loud as
my procircuit though. I might get one for my girls bike too.

• flatnacker

Posted September 12, 2005 - 11:20 PM

Before you shellout consider a WB E pipe. Pick em up for a few hunge brand new on ebay-no different really to any other pipe as they are all esentially just a straight through pipe...

• GlocksRock

Posted September 13, 2005 - 03:17 AM

Can't you just get the quiet insert for your Dr. D?

• Luxin

Posted September 13, 2005 - 04:52 AM

Louder the better I say...

The StainTune on mine sounds awesome... :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.