When to adjust the valve's?

4 replies to this topic
  • ImpalaR1

Posted September 05, 2005 - 08:07 PM

How can u tell when u need to adjust the valve's? There's a little clicking noise when i'm just cruising, but when i accelerate hard or go real slow it goes away. any suggestions?

• Old_Man_Time

Posted September 05, 2005 - 08:30 PM

Valves tighten up and become quiet when they need adjusting. You will notice a power loss and starting issues. Since you just got the bike it might be a good experience for you to adjust them or at least check them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted September 05, 2005 - 08:32 PM

Check them. VALVES .

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 05, 2005 - 09:09 PM

well what would cause this noise i'm hearing? It's a clicking noise, but not bad. I just don't let noise's go to long without fixing them on my bike's.

• big t

Posted September 05, 2005 - 10:30 PM

The valves are easy to check, so I would go ahead and check them. I check my about every 300-400 miles.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.