Need help /w/ my fmf sci.

5 replies to this topic
  • MisterMan

Posted September 05, 2005 - 07:58 PM

I wanna repack it and basically see how it can I take it apart and what rivets do i need to pop????

heres an image of what pipe I have:

Posted Image

(mines the "Q")
thanks alot,

• SureBlue

Posted September 05, 2005 - 08:56 PM

I never repacked one of my thumper's cans, but did my son's 85 yesterday, opened it up from the pipe side. You need to warm it up with a heat gun to melt the sealing. Don't forget to put new heat resistant silicone in the seam when you put it back together.

• MisterMan

Posted September 06, 2005 - 05:08 PM

thanks.....any 1 else care to post a pic of all thoes "internal baffles???"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzf450jack

Posted September 06, 2005 - 06:06 PM

No rivets to drill remove the Allen bolts and pull Get FMF premium 4 stroke packing :D

• Troutman

Posted September 07, 2005 - 02:48 PM

Correct no rivets, just loosen the 4 allen screws at the bottom of the canister where the pipe enters the canister. Then simply separate the canister from the pipe, I had to use a rubber mallet to tap it lightly being carefull not to distort the end of the canister until it was free. Then simply remove the canister and remove the old packing. Then replace it with "FMF PERFORMANCE PILLOW PACKING" made specifically for the "Q" series. The packing is all ready just wrap it around the core and slide the canister back on. Before you are all the way there place a small bead of high temp. ATV silicone around the end of the pipe bracket that the canister mounts to, (where your 4 bolt holes are located) and slide onto the pipe bracket sealing the canister to the pipe. Replace your 4 allen screws and wipe away the excess silicone and wait the 24 hr. drying period for the sealant before mounting. I know because i just did it this weekend and it was a snap. Also you do not remove the end cap there is no reason to.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ride on

• MisterMan

Posted September 07, 2005 - 04:37 PM

thanks man...HUGE help!!

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.