dual brake kit for WR426?

7 replies to this topic
  • mxyves

Posted September 05, 2005 - 06:54 AM

Does anybody know weather there's a Rekluse dual brake kit available for a WR426? And if not, did anybody managed to build one onto this bike with another brakecylinder or whatever?

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 05, 2005 - 08:21 AM

I have seen one rider take the clutch cable and route it behind the rear brake master cylinder. He proceeded to weld a tab on the rear brake that extended rearward past the pivot mounting bolt. Then using the stock clutch lever he can apply the rear brake. The cable pulls up on the tab and activates the rear brake. The tab had about 3" of leverage to the pivot bolt and the 3/4" inch of cable travel seemed to work well. No overide clutch perch set up was the only bad issue with the set up. Dual levers would be a good way to go as per the new offerings by Rekluse. :D

• mxyves

Posted September 05, 2005 - 02:29 PM

That's a good idea, to use the clutch cable for "steering" the rear brake, but...is it strong enough to remote the rear-brake with a cable and why doesn't a 450 brake-kit fit to a 426 anyway?

• gobigblue

Posted September 05, 2005 - 03:45 PM

that sounds like an awesome idea!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted September 06, 2005 - 01:02 AM

It is for supermoto

• simon@vic

Posted September 06, 2005 - 08:02 AM

why not go hydraulic? there are set ups that come with a hydro line that threads into where the rear banjo bolt goes on the master cylinder.

but personally i would never give up my manual clutch. ever.

• mxyves

Posted September 06, 2005 - 01:17 PM

any idea where to get this set?

• simon@vic

Posted September 06, 2005 - 02:34 PM

http://www.cyclebuy..../rear_brake.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.