7 replies to this topic
  • djbiker

Posted September 04, 2005 - 02:09 PM

&%$#@!, i just go my 2002 426 out to go riding, it wouldn't start so i changed the plug it started right up. them we were riding for about 10min and stoped to see where my friend was and pulled the clutch in and it just died for no reson, started up and it did it again..........!!!!!!!!!!!??????????wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtfw!!!!

• 642MX

Posted September 04, 2005 - 03:54 PM

Possible fuel screw problem, I've seen some come real loose and had similiar problems.

• GENE426

Posted September 04, 2005 - 03:56 PM

leaking air in somewhere

• Yak

Posted September 04, 2005 - 05:10 PM

I used to have problems like that all the time. Any chance you changed gas stations? Sounds like it may be bad gas. How long has it been sitting?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MisterMan

Posted September 04, 2005 - 05:17 PM

it jetted to ur powerbomb,ti4???

• Fastest1

Posted September 05, 2005 - 08:23 PM

Could be a number of things, too large of a squirt of the accelerator pump, too high of a float level, wrong pilot, bad fuel. All of these will cause the problems you describe. How long have you owned the bike? How old was the fuel? Do you turn off the petcock when you kill the engine? (that one seems to help the most especially if you let it run out of fuel instead of hitting the kill button)

• Chills

Posted September 05, 2005 - 09:10 PM

I second the bad gas. If not the gas, maybe some crud in the carb creating a blockage. There are a ton of things that might be contributing to your problem. Many of us are left with guessing in the dark. But at least you get some ideas. Try the easiest ideas first, and eliminate them one by one until you get to the hardest possibilities. Sometimes the simplest problems can cause the worst effects.. Good Luck

• djbiker

Posted September 06, 2005 - 02:40 AM

i took off the ti4 and powerbomb to go riding at my friends house(his mom thought it was to lould) and changed back the jetting. it only sat for a month and i put some new gas in it checked the fule screw it looks ok, thanks for the help

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.