400 / 426 throttle cables

1 reply to this topic
  • bluebike1999

Posted September 03, 2005 - 07:43 PM

broke a throttle cable and could only get 426 one on Sat afternoon. now i have slop in handgrip and it's on full sdjustment.
i laid them sise by side on counter and 426 was slightly longer but adjustment threads are about the same length give take 2-3 mm.
anyone else had this happen?
not sure whether to cut return cable and get it shortened at chain shop or alter where the cables are adjusted from.
any suggestions? going for ride next sunday.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted September 04, 2005 - 08:33 AM

I know its across the pond for you but MotionPro makes some awsome cables. After breaking like 2 throttle return cables I switched to motion pro and havent broken one since.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.