I want a yellow WR

17 replies to this topic
  • woodsk

Posted September 03, 2005 - 05:29 PM

I love the look of the 50th anniversary YZF, and want to set up my 04 WR450 with that look, but keep my tail/break light and headlight. the tail light is no biggie I can go for the YZ rear fender and an LED tail light. but I cannot find the headlight cover in yellow.

I've seen at least one fella on here will a yellow WR but he swaped out the head light for a number plate. Has anyone elese looked into this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks
woods

• sandman76513

Posted September 03, 2005 - 06:19 PM

Me too. Give it a couple more months, since the YZ 250 & 450 will be offered in yellow & black some of the aftermarket companies (acerbis/ufo etc..) will hopefully follow suit with yellow & black for the WR's. Maybe Yamaha will even offer something through there off-road catalog but nothing has been released as of yet.

BTW, just brought my 06 WR450 home today. Performed the free mods but it is still needing help. The AIS is next.

Rick

• dman450f

Posted September 03, 2005 - 06:29 PM

Me too. Give it a couple more months, since the YZ 250 & 450 will be offered in yellow & black some of the aftermarket companies (acerbis/ufo etc..) will hopefully follow suit with yellow & black for the WR's. Maybe Yamaha will even offer something through there off-road catalog but nothing has been released as of yet.

BTW, just brought my 06 WR450 home today. Performed the free mods but it is still needing help. The AIS is next.

Rick

I would like to have your computer,,, :D

• sandman76513

Posted September 03, 2005 - 06:33 PM

Give that time as well, maybe Yamaha will release a retrofit for the older WR's. There are several people wanting one, your not alone. Not much has been released from Yamaha in the way of 06 off-road accessories, about the only so far that has been pushed out is the accessories for the TTR50.

• rushfan

Posted September 03, 2005 - 06:41 PM

There is a hurricane kit for the 05's. Do a search.

• woodsk

Posted September 03, 2005 - 06:43 PM

Ah ha....

one industries has a yellow plastics kit and graphics kit for the yz450. and acerbis has a yellow head light that does not look to bad.

http://www.acerbis.c...light/3026.html

now i just have to decide how I want to get the frame black, paint or power coat. worried about powder coat chipping.

• new04450

Posted September 04, 2005 - 07:33 AM

try this link and look around- they Acerbis has several headlight kits- this link showss the yellow- hope this helps

http://www.acerbis.c...light/3024.html

• bbrxr100

Posted September 04, 2005 - 03:40 PM

I have the kit for an 03 to 05 with yellow plastics and hurricane graphics.I just got it from bto and decided to stick with blue.Also ordered a new black clarke 2.8 gallon yz (bigger than yz,smaller than wr)tank that I wont be using.All items new and un-opened.If anyone is interested shoot me a pm and we can work out a deal. (less than I paid)

• rockieman

Posted September 07, 2005 - 07:29 AM

Here's a picture of my '99 yellow 400. I'd be careful with matching the yellows from different vendors. Mine has an IMS tank (yellow) along with all the yellow plastic from One. I went with white bark busters and white headlight from Acerbis to contrast with the yellow. The yellow from IMS matched perfectly with the yellow from One.

http://i14.photobuck...0F/wr400f11.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WaGuy78

Posted September 07, 2005 - 08:50 AM

that is a BAD ASS looking bike Rockie!! :banghead: :applause:

• e_dogg

Posted September 07, 2005 - 08:55 AM

That's sweet looking!!! I like the gold rims on it too! Very very cool!

• woodsk

Posted September 07, 2005 - 09:36 AM

rockie,

looks like IMS does not offer the yellow tank anymore. when did you order it from them?

thanks

• rockieman

Posted September 07, 2005 - 11:47 AM

that is a BAD ASS looking bike Rockie!! :banghead: :applause:

Thanks....unfortunately I blew the motor up a couple of weeks ago. Sounded like the cam chain went.....and the valves had a party on top of the piston. Pulled the cover off saw that the chain was still intact....too heartbroken to tear into it just yet. :lol:

• gmoss357

Posted September 07, 2005 - 11:57 AM

Does anybody have any links to yellow plastic for a WR250F, 03 model? I like that look!

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted September 07, 2005 - 01:00 PM

very nice bike

• 96warrior

Posted September 07, 2005 - 10:58 PM

There were hurricane kits for the older yz's that should fit, and still be for sale. You'd have to install an acerbis headlight. Like stated above, not sure on the tank. You'd probrably have to contact them.

• rockieman

Posted September 08, 2005 - 05:17 AM

[quote name='woodsk']rockie,

looks like IMS does not offer the yellow tank anymore. when did you order it from them?

I bought the tank from IMS in '99 when I bought the bike. When I ordered it I was planning on buying a white tank which is what they had listed on their website.....in talking to their salesperson, he mentioned they had yellow tanks available which I ended up buying.

• rockieman

Posted September 08, 2005 - 05:29 AM

Does anybody have any links to yellow plastic for a WR250F, 03 model? I like that look!

If the same holds true for the newer models you have to order for a YZ. I don't think they ever made the Hurricane kits for the WR's. In my case ('99), I bought the seat tank combo (YZ) for my WR from IMS and the Hurricane kit (One Industires) for the YZ. The kits come with the following plastic; radiator scoops, both fenders, fork guards and the front number plate. Graphics and seat cover were extra.
Here's a link to the One Industries site. http://www.oneindust....com/index2.htm
I would be interested to know what the price difference is from Yamaha for the 06 with the retro look.....anybody know?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.