yz426 vs. wr426 motors

3 replies to this topic
  • yfzut

Posted September 02, 2005 - 10:27 PM

can anyone tell me the difference on the 2 i have an 2001

• MisterMan

Posted September 04, 2005 - 05:29 PM

can anyone tell me the difference on the 2 i have an 2001

tranny gears...the wr's are farther apart.....stator (4 the light)..... a startor....plenty more.....
go here and compair engines: http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kbenzon

Posted September 19, 2005 - 08:31 PM

stator head light 18" rear wheel wide ratio tranny cam timing. pretty minor. it doesnt take much to yz a wr. i dig the 18" wheel hook up. lots of torq off the bottom. the wr is a wheelie machine!

• fast426

Posted September 19, 2005 - 09:03 PM

stator head light 18" rear wheel wide ratio tranny cam timing. pretty minor. it doesnt take much to yz a wr. i dig the 18" wheel hook up. lots of torq off the bottom. the wr is a wheelie machine!

The only change I would like on my yz is the 18" wheel. Now that falls here, a stator and light would be nice too! The lighting would also add some flywheel weight. Hmmmmmm.............................

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.