sheared key ?

No replies to this topic
  • 2dhills

Posted September 02, 2005 - 09:50 PM

Have a 03 WR 450 that I have never had any starting ,backfiring or sheared keys problems. Maybe has 1000 miles on it and I finally broke down and checkd valve adjustment and they are perfect. The problem is when I line the timing mark on the stator up with the line on the cover the marks on the cams are not level with the surface on the head. In order for the marks to line up perfectly on the cams and head I have to turn the engine counter clockwise about 1/4 inch and the mark on the stator is all the way to the left in the hole in the cover barely visible. Im just wondering if anybody has seen or heard of this and if I am another victim. Thanks for any help!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.