05 Stock Pipe - 88 db

6 replies to this topic
  • story_rtw

Posted September 02, 2005 - 03:18 PM

Last week at the Colorado 500 they performed a sound test on my '05 WR with the stock exhaust and the inner baffle removed. The bike passed with flying colors at 88 db. The upper limit was 96 db so I was well under that. :D

As far as I know this was an "official" test - bike revved to the appropriate RPMs and the sound meter held at the proper angle and distance.

Just another data point for those of you wondering how loud the stock '05 is.

Story

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 02, 2005 - 05:14 PM

Good info- I have ordered the insert from the Quiet is Cool company- think I remembered that right. They claim far better flow but still quiet. Will advise.

• rushfan

Posted September 03, 2005 - 06:30 AM

That sounds about right. When I bought mine, the dealer said the stock pipe is about 90 to 92dbs. at the most.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted September 03, 2005 - 06:32 AM

Good info- I have ordered the insert from the Quiet is Cool company- think I remembered that right. They claim far better flow but still quiet. Will advise.

Tell me more about the Quiet is Cool Co. Is it an insert for the stock pipe? If so, does it help performance?

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 04, 2005 - 07:40 AM

Tell me more about the Quiet is Cool Co. Is it an insert for the stock pipe? If so, does it help performance?

Yes

http://www.quietiscool.com/

• rushfan

Posted September 04, 2005 - 07:46 AM

WOW!! I had no idea. Thank you for the info. :D

Have a great weekend... :D

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 04, 2005 - 07:16 PM

You too.

I am "assuming" the claims of better performance are true. I have to believe they are based on the apparent increase in diameter... Will advise when I install- they were back ordered 2 weeks so I expect to get it next week.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.