Accelerator pump cover???????

9 replies to this topic
  • Al Curtis

Posted September 01, 2005 - 09:09 AM

Hey guys, has anyone put on a high performance accelerator pump cover yet? Was it worth the money. I'm thinking about buying one but, I'm not sure how they work and if they're worth the money. Any help would be appreciated. :D

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted September 01, 2005 - 09:17 AM

search this forum.

• clark4131

Posted September 01, 2005 - 12:09 PM

Search for the Boyesen Quickshot. Some say the best thing since sliced bread, some say no big deal. Me, I'm right in the middle. Was it worth $80, nope, $40 maybe...SC

• RC81

Posted September 01, 2005 - 10:47 PM

I put one on my bike before I ever rode it and never had a bog even with the stock jetting. Cant say how it would run stock.

• CuLayTur

Posted September 02, 2005 - 01:11 PM

Not sure about the accelerator pump cover but I installed JD Jettings new accelerator diagraphm which is a little stiffer and stopped all bog. And for $18 definitely worth the money.

Curt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Al Curtis

Posted September 02, 2005 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the input. Where'd you get the diaphragm?

• clark4131

Posted September 02, 2005 - 01:51 PM

I just called JD after reading about the diaphragm kit and they told me it was for KTM's since they don't come with a leak jet in the float bowl. It's not that it's stiffer, but rather the stud is a different length which will adjust the duration of the AP squirt. That makes total sense since you can accomplish the same thing by changing the leak jet, provided your carb has one...SC

• Al Curtis

Posted September 02, 2005 - 01:58 PM

Cool, thanks, I've heard of guys changing leak jets. I think I might give it a try, I'm still in the process sorting out the jetting on my bike. :D

• vantolr

Posted September 02, 2005 - 05:32 PM

Search for the Boyesen Quickshot. Some say the best thing since sliced bread, some say no big deal. Me, I'm right in the middle. Was it worth $80, nope, $40 maybe...SC

I'm just a little more impressed....to me....worth maybe $60.

• CuLayTur

Posted September 02, 2005 - 10:01 PM

Not sure about it being only for the KTM. I sent JD a note and asked him about it because someone else on the board mentioned it. He said no problem with running it on my WR. Completely removed all bog. Also if you look at the Parts fiche on http://www.yamahaoftroy.com/ and look at the diagram for the carb, you will see 4 different accelerator pump diaphragms listed. They control the squirt in varying degree's.

Curt

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.