Anyone have a YZ250 kickstarter?

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a '96-'02 YZ250 kickstarter (I think those are the right years) for my YZ426 motor. Since the motor is in a quad frame, I need something a little shorter to clear my back fenders. If anyone has a kicker that will work with my 2002 YZ426 motor, let me know how much you want for it. Contact me here, or email me: bcstine@bellsouth.net . Thanks.

what frame do you have it in and how does it compare to the new 450,s. im in the middle of putting one in a yfz450 that i have been peicing together off ebay. i just really want to know how they run and what you can do to them to get some serious power.

what frame do you have it in and how does it compare to the new 450,s. im in the middle of putting one in a yfz450 that i have been peicing together off ebay. i just really want to know how they run and what you can do to them to get some serious power.

I've got a Houser YZ426 chassis (250R geometry) w/Laeger front end. I'd say that the stock 426's are really close to a piped YZF450 quad. You'll have some awesome power if you add an aftermarket intake, exhaust, rejet, and do the auto-decomp. cam mod in the 426. I changed the exhaust recently (custom TC Racing), so I'm still working on getting the jetting just right. Even though it's not tuned perfect, it still rips! Can't wait to see what it's like after I get done tuning.

If you want serious power from the 450 motor, I would suggest you add aftermarket intake, exhaust, rejet the carb, and possibly change the cams. Trust me, the thing will absolutely fly! :D Have you ridden one before? Just wondering, what frame are you using?

Also, if anyone out there has a YZ250 kickstarter, I'm very interested in buying it. Let me know. Thanks.

i have one from a 99 yz 400 will it work.

I've got the kicker from the '02 motor that I have installed. I'm just looking for a shorter kickstarter to put on the quad. It would make it easier when kicking with the fenders on.

Does anyone know if a YZ250 kickstarter will fit directly onto an '02 YZ426 kickstarter boss? :D Thanks.

Yes the YZ250 2 stroke kickstarter will bolt right on 98 to 02 YZFs.

It is about an inch shorter.

Works good on my 400 as don't have to lift leg so high to start it.

I have also used it on a stroked 426 (440) but on that bike I kinda miss the leverage of the longer stock kickstarter (only because I am old and had 5 right knee ops). Extra bonus - it weighs less than the stocker.

I have also used it on a stroked 426 (440) but on that bike I kinda miss the leverage of the longer stock kickstarter (only because I am old and had 5 right knee ops). Extra bonus - it weighs less than the stocker.

So the YZ250 kicker bolts right onto the factory YZF426 kickstarter boss with absolutely no mods? Good.

There ya go, learn something new every day. I'm guessing you still need the 400/426 knuckle, that slips over the splined kicker shaft? Is this correct? Thanks, Chris. :banghead:

There ya go, learn something new every day. I'm guessing you still need the 400/426 knuckle, that slips over the splined kicker shaft? Is this correct? Thanks, Chris. :applause:

That's what I'm wondering. I'm guessing that the YZ250 kicker works with the 400/426 kicker boss (knuckle). I hope so, since I'm going to find one and try it out. :banghead:

There ya go, learn something new every day. I'm guessing you still need the 400/426 knuckle, that slips over the splined kicker shaft? Is this correct? Thanks, Chris. :applause:

That's what I'm wondering. I'm guessing that the YZ250 kicker works with the 400/426 kicker boss (knuckle). I hope so, since I'm going to find one and try it out. :banghead: