OZ Model, Throtle Stop

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 18, 2001 - 01:30 AM

Can any one tell me if the throtle stop modification can, or needs to be done on the 99 Australian model. Also does the YZ timing take noticeable power from the bottom end, as I generally ride in the tight... Any help appreciated, thanks.......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Andrew_in_OZ

Posted March 18, 2001 - 03:09 AM

We get the YZ throttle stop, It dosent need to be trimmed. the YZ timing gives the bike a more 2stroke feel more noticable through the mid range & top end, With the addition of a #45 or #48 pilot jet and a #100 pilot air jet or better still an adjustable pilot air jet Screw to give a stronger bottom end you will have a stronger more responsive/aggressive ride from GO to WOAH. Have a look at the jetting specs section in the technical pages to get a starting point for jetting your bike to suit the various modifications you may have made. Hope this is of some help, GOOD LUCK !

YZ timing,EKN needle, VORTEX dualcurve ignition
SF triple platinum s/plug
open box -unifilter
98oct fuel
Staintune s/s open exhaust& header......
Somebody stop me !!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 20, 2001 - 03:30 PM

Thanks a lot for your help Andrew, im going to try the yz timing out and follow your suggestions..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.