stuck choke

7 replies to this topic
  • cvilmos

Posted August 30, 2005 - 07:26 PM

I Started My 95 xr 600 with choke on and let it warm up when i tried to close the choke the lever wont move any suggestions

• jmxr250r

Posted August 30, 2005 - 07:42 PM

If you are saying that would you flip the lever the choke is still on that means that it got disconnected from the carb. I think its a little spring that connects the two. But if you are saying the lever is hard to move, then take a screw dirver and turn the opening on the other side of the carb. Hope this helps. :D

-------------
1987 Xr250r- 909 Team talls, Millville tires, maier
plastics, ufo universal mx fender, cycra bark busters, k&n airfilter,white brothers e-series, snorkel removed, and many more experiments.

1961 Honda 90- Totally stock and she still rips!

2004 Honda Rancher

1988 Yamaha Xt350- A long way from being stock

• cvilmos

Posted August 30, 2005 - 08:08 PM

I Started My 95 xr 600 with choke on and let it warm up when i tried to close the choke the lever wont move any suggestions

the choke the lever will not move down and there is nothing on the otherside of the carb looks like i"ll have to take it apart.

• cvilmos

Posted September 05, 2005 - 06:40 PM

the choke the lever will not move down and there is nothing on the otherside of the carb looks like i"ll have to take it apart.

I Took the carb apart and the choke plate was struck easy fix

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted September 06, 2005 - 11:12 AM

hammer? :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

• Moredesert

Posted September 06, 2005 - 11:23 AM

Just keep in mind that those chokes are pron to breakage and end up in your motor. :D I lost my engine down in Mexico 63 miles from the truck. :D
I know of 4 bikes that lost the choke plate in their engine. I would get an after market plate or at least use a mirror and flash light to inspect the choke plate every time you clean your filter.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 06, 2005 - 05:35 PM

realy? how do u do that?

• Moredesert

Posted September 07, 2005 - 08:51 AM

realy? how do u do that?

Look in the air box with a little mirror with a flexable head to see the choke plate. Make sure the little flapper plate in still there with the spring. Check for cracks at the very bottom of the opening (The smile if you want to give it a name)

What happens is the little spring brakes and the back fire flap bounces back and forth braking off the bottom piece of the plate and it gets sucked in you engine :banghead:

The after market plate is solid and nothing to brake off

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.