01' WR426 jetting specs for Yoshimura RS-3

2 replies to this topic
  • 4Stroke4Life

Posted August 30, 2005 - 12:10 PM

i am looking to find out what jetting specs i need to go by to run my new Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust system on my 01 WR426,it did not come w/ jet kit also, i live and ride at 90% approx 1800 ft. (PHX, AZ)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BergRyder

Posted August 30, 2005 - 02:21 PM

Are you going to run the pipe with the inserts or open? This will make a difference. I have the same pipe and run it open ( for supermoto ), I am in the process of re jetting for the medium (96dB)insert. My bike runs great with the open pipe, and we have the similar riding conditions, I'm in So Cal. I will post the open pipe jetting when I take the carb apart later this evening.

• BergRyder

Posted August 30, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Main Jet 175, pilot jet 48, Needle in position #4, Fuel Screw 2 1/4 turns out. This worked great with the RS-3 pipe with no insert. Bike ridden from 200 to 3000 ft above sea level, pump gas, air box mods, K&N filter.
With the medium insert I plan to use 170 Main, 45 pilot jet, Fuel screw 2 turns out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.